A Truck Accident Law Firm with a Proven Track Record of Success
Because tractor trailers have so much destructive potential (large mass equals large force), truck accidents often result in expensive medical care and lengthy recovery processes, including long term rehabilitation and life altering medical conditions. With such extensive damages, victims need substantial compensation to get the care they need while remaining financially afloat, but often the insurance company representing the defendant will make attempts to minimize the level of responsibility and payout.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck accident, you should consult an experienced truck accident attorney who will help you navigate the complex and frustrating maze of insurance company logistics and legal procedures. At Wilshire Law Firm, our legal team is comprised of dedicated professionals who specialize in vehicle accident cases. Since 2007, we have obtained more than $100 million in settlements and verdicts on behalf of clients. We are confident in our ability to get you the results you deserve. To discuss your case in a FREE case evaluation, call us today at (800) 522-7274.
The Elements of a Truck Accident Case
Recognized Truck Accident Causes
With so many possible contributing factors, it is essential that you determine the underlying cause of your accident. According to the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB), the most common causes of truck accidents include:
- Inadequate driver training and experience
- Driver fatigue
- Excess load
- Brake failure
- Adverse climate conditions such as snow and ice
- Driving under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol (DUI)
- Failure to follow posted traffic signage
- Reckless or aggressive driving
- Defective parts and equipment
- Failure to conduct regular inspections/maintenance
- Impaired vision from night driving
Liable Parties in Truck Accidents
Depending on the circumstances surrounding your truck accident case, there may be one or more parties liable for your damages. Potentially responsible parties may include:
- Truck driver
- Trucking company
- Equipment manufacturer
- Other negligent motorists
- Government agencies responsible for the conditions of the roads
Winning Your Truck Accident Case
What Type of Evidence Needs to Be Preserved in a Truck Accident?
To win your case, you will need to demonstrate that the liable parties failed to comply with safety regulations/duty of care and that their failure contributed to your injuries and other damages. A qualified attorney can help you collect, preserve, and examine evidence related to your crash. This evidence may include:
- Driver’s qualifications and training files, background and character records, hours of service documentation, inspection records, records of compliance with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety regulations, and substance- and alcohol-testing records.
- On-board recording and GPS records, onboard systems data (engine control module, brake module, etc.), maintenance records, and inspected history documentation.
- Driver communication logs, dispatching records, bills of lading, weight tickets, trip envelopes, delivery documents, and other documents that are produced in the routine course of business.
What Type of Compensation Can I Recover in a Truck Accident?
The value of your compensation will depend on a number of variables, such as your age, the type and extent of your injuries, and your prognosis, as well as the strength of your case. You may recover compensation for:
- Past and future medical bills
- Lost wages and loss of earning capacity
- Past, present, and future pain and suffering
- Physical impairment
- Other non-economic damages
Our attorneys work with accident reconstruction specialists, economic experts, and medical specialists to determine and prove the full extent of your damages. It is our primary objective to make sure that you get full and fair compensation for your damages, so you and your family can feel secure for the future.
Best Truck Accident Attorneys
We Beat the Toughest Cases
At Wilshire Law Firm, we have maintained a client-focused philosophy that motivates our pursuit of optimal case resolutions. The accurate, ethical, and aggressive representation of clients is the foundation of our firm. To experience the Wilshire Law Firm difference, call us today at (800) 522-7274.