Santa Rosa, CA (February 19, 2023) – On February 18th, the California Highway Patrol responded to provide assistance at the scene of a crash that occurred on US Highway 101.
At approximately 3:00 p.m., a collision involving a sedan and an SUV occurred on the southbound side of the highway. The incident blocked the road just south of the off-ramp for Hearn Avenue.
Emergency Cruise responded to the scene of the accident to provide assistance. California Highway Patrol and local firefighters worked to remove the damaged vehicles and debris from the travel lanes on the roadway.
Personnel from emergency medical services rushed to the scene to provide care for the victims who had sustained injuries. The least one of the people involved in the accident was taken to a nearby hospital to receive additional medical attention.
The California Highway Patrol is currently investigating the accident.
Car Accidents in California
Car accidents are reported every single day in the state of California. Unfortunately, a motor vehicle accident can significantly impact your life. Trying to overcome painful physical and emotional injuries can seem impossible. Regrettably, many people in car accidents are left with broken bones, internal organ injuries, or even severe spinal cord fractures.
In many cases, accidents are caused by negligence. Some of the leading factors in car accidents include:
- Driving While Distracted: Distractions can be found just about anywhere. The use of a cell phone, talking to passengers, or even just changing the radio station can all distract the driver and increase the risk of an accident.
- Impairment: Driving while intoxicated is responsible for approximately one-third of all fatal car accidents. Intoxication or impairment can be caused by drinking alcohol or using drugs before operating the vehicle.
- Speeding: Inconsiderate behavior, such as speeding, is responsible for more than one-third of all fatalities.
- Poor and dangerous road conditions: Heavy rain and strong wind are both factors that can contribute to automobile collisions. Because of the hazardous conditions, automobiles run the risk of hydroplaning, losing control, or suddenly veering into the path of another vehicle. In addition, road conditions that are not properly maintained by government authorities can be a contributing factor in automobile collisions.
- Mechanical defects: Accidents on the road can be caused by a malfunction in a vehicle’s mechanical systems if the vehicle was improperly designed, constructed, or sold, or if it was not properly maintained, or if it had faulty parts.
If you have the unfortunate experience of suffering injuries as a result of a car crash, you can seek compensation from the person who is responsible. Working with a car accident lawyer in Santa Rosa can provide you with the best chance of getting justice following your accident.
At Wilshire Law Firm, you can trust that our California personal injury attorneys will fight diligently in pursuit of justice for your case. Our seasoned legal team brings decades of combined experience and has been recognized as some of the top attorneys nationwide. We strive to provide superior client service, dedicating ourselves to helping injured Californians achieve maximum financial compensation following a devastating accident. We understand how overwhelming the aftermath of a serious car accident can be, but we are here to make sure that those responsible are held accountable. If you need help with your California personal injury claim, schedule a free consultation by reaching out to our legal team at 800-358-1884 to get started on your case.