Altadena, CA (February 20, 2023) – At least one person was transported to a local hospital for the treatment of injuries following a motor vehicle accident that occurred on Sunday in the Altadena area.
On February 19th, at around 3:50 p.m., the California Highway Patrol was dispatched to provide assistance at the scene of an automobile accident on Interstate 210.
According to officials, a white Cadillac and a white Toyota Camry collided on the westbound side of Interstate 210.
Authorities responded to the scene of the accident and blocked off the roadway near the area of North Fair Oaks Avenue.
Emergency crews went to work quickly on removing the debris from the roadway. Two tow trucks responded to the scene of the accident to remove the damage to vehicles. Emergency medical services responded to the scene to care for the victims and transport them to aerial hospitals.
At this time, the incident remains under investigation by the California Highway Patrol.
Car Accidents in California
Accidents involving motor vehicles in the state of California cause tens of thousands of people to sustain injuries on an annual basis. The majority of the time, these crashes could have been avoided. Most often, the accidents that take place in our state are a result of negligence. The following are among the most common causes of accidents across our state:
- Those motorists who ignore the traffic control devices that are installed at intersections.
- Drivers who do not make an effort to yield the right of way.
- Drivers who are traveling at excessive speeds and are unable to maintain control of their vehicles.
- Individuals who are behind the wheel while under the influence of alcohol.
- Drivers who are under the influence of drugs.
- Drivers who are unable to pay attention to the road because they are preoccupied with their mobile devices.
Regrettably, accidents that could have been avoided continue to occur every single day in our state, resulting in victims suffering serious injuries.
It is imperative that you seek legal representation as soon as possible after being involved in an accident that was caused by the negligence of another person. Getting in touch with a car accident lawyer in California can provide you with the best opportunity to receive justice following your collision with another vehicle.
You have the right to seek financial compensation in the event that you have been harmed as a result of the negligent actions of another person. This can help to alleviate the costs and losses that you are currently facing. This may include obtaining compensation for things such as:
- The lost wages you face as a result of having to take time off work for medical reasons.
- All of the costs associated with providing you with immediate medical care, which may include surgery, hospitalization, and other treatments.
- Any costs associated with long-term care, including those for medication, rehabilitation, and other services.
- The amount of money necessary to either fix or replace your vehicle.
- And the diminished capacity to take pleasure in life.
It is critical that you seek the advice of an attorney as soon as possible in order to give yourself the best possible chance of getting justice. An attorney will be able to immediately begin investigating your claim and constructing a compelling case of legal action against the party responsible for the harm. Your attorney will do everything in their power to pursue the maximum amount of compensation possible for the harm and losses they have caused you.
At Wilshire Law Firm, our mission is to ensure that no matter how big, small, or complex your case is, you are given the best chance at a successful outcome. With over $1 billion recovered for our client’s cases and decades-long combined experience in personal injury law, our passionate attorneys have what it takes to get you the justice and compensation you deserve. Schedule a free consultation with our knowledgeable legal team by calling 800-358-1884 to get started on your case.