Crescent City, CA (March 12, 2023) – At least one person was transported to an area hospital for the treatment of injuries following a motor vehicle accident that took place in Crescent City.
At approximately 4:00 a.m. on March 11, authorities were notified that a semi-truck crashed into the Gasquet Market located on US Highway 199. The incident caused significant damage, prompting authorities to close off a large section of the roadway. Diesel was located spilling out onto the roadway, prompting authorities to contact emergency crews to assist with cleanup.
Major injuries were reported in this crash. Emergency medical services rushed to the scene of the accident to care for injured victims and transfer them to local hospitals.
Crews remained at the scene for over six hours as they worked to clear the road and investigate. Investigations are currently underway.
Truck Accidents in California
Automobile crashes in California leave tens of thousands of people injured every year. These accidents are often devastating, forcing victims out of work and into area hospitals, where they must remain for several days or even weeks after their accidents. In most cases, victims and their families often struggle to move forward. Dealing with the overwhelming impacts can be quite challenging.
Depending on the circumstances surrounding the crash, you may be able to take legal action. A personal injury claim can provide you with much-needed financial relief for some of the damages you face. This can include providing you with the ability to seek compensation for:
- Lost wages: you can recover compensation to alleviate the lost wages you have from having to take time off work following your accident.
- Lost earning capacity: you have the ability to seek compensation to alleviate the lost earning capacity you face if you have been left permanently disabled.
- Vehicle repairs or replacement: you can get the money you need to repair or replace your vehicle, so you can get back on the road quickly.
- Medical expenses: you can recover the money you need to cover your costs of hospitalization, surgery, and other medical expenses.
- Long-term care costs: you can get money to cover therapy, nursing home assistance, and other long-term treatment requirements.
- Mental anguish: you can recover compensation to alleviate any care costs that you require for mental health conditions.
Filing a personal injury claim can be incredibly challenging. Insurance companies will often do everything that they can to avoid paying you the money that you need and deserve. Having a strong legal team in your corner can make all of the difference when it comes to maximizing your ability to get justice.
Wilshire Law Firm is dedicated to providing top-notch legal counsel and representation for victims of car accidents in the state of California. Our team has decades of combined experience fighting to protect the legal rights of our clients and preserve their best interests. Our team will fight diligently to ensure you are able to hold the negligent driver accountable for their actions. Schedule a consultation at our California personal injury law firm today by calling 800-358-1884 to get started.