Jennifer P. Burkes, Esq., is a Partner at Wilshire Law Firm with over 30 years of experience handling Catastrophic Personal Injury, Wrongful Death, Traumatic Brain Injury, Roadway Design/Dangerous Condition, Motor Vehicle Accident, Premises Liability, and Product Liability cases. With a confident and formal demeanor, Jennifer is renowned for her expertise and dedication in the field.
Jennifer holds a B.S. degree from the University of Southern Mississippi and a J.D. from the University of Mississippi. Following law school she completed a federal clerkship for the Hon. E. Grady Jolly, United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit. Her exceptional legal skills have earned her numerous recognitions and awards. Jennifer has been selected as a SuperLawyer every year since 2015 and is a member of the National Trial Lawyers Top 100, Society of Women Trial Lawyers, Million Dollar Advocates Forum, and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
Throughout her career, Jennifer has achieved remarkable results for her clients, securing substantial settlements and verdicts in federal and state court. Some notable results include:
- $14,650,000 settlement – quadriplegia due to negligent driver
- $10,000,000 settlement – traumatic brain injury (TBI) due to negligent driver
- $9,600,000 verdict – brain injury due to medical negligence
- $6,000,000 settlement – below elbow amputation in motorcycle accident
- $6,000,000 settlement – death by electrocution due to contractor negligence
- $4,000,000 settlement – traumatic brain injury (TBI) due to negligence of subcontractor
- $3,000,000 verdict – death due to medical negligence
- $1,750,000 settlement – traumatic brain injury (TBI) due to negligent assembly of scaffold
- $1,500,000 verdict – below knee amputation due to medical negligence
- $1,500,000 verdict – temporomandibular joint syndrome (TMJ) due to store’s negligence
- $1,500,000 settlement – degloving injury to skateboarder struck by vehicle
- $1,100,000 settlement – cerebral palsy due to medical negligence
In her professional philosophy, Jennifer ensures that opposing attorneys understand her clients’ cases and injuries, advocating for full compensation. She strives to resolve cases prior to trial but is always prepared to proceed to trial when necessary.
A quote by C.S. Lewis, “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending,” resonates deeply with Jennifer.
Jennifer has demonstrated resilience in the face of challenges. When her law office in Mississippi was destroyed by Hurricane Katrina, she relocated to Los Angeles and is now admitted to practice law in both California and Mississippi. She continues to make a lasting impact in the legal field, providing exceptional representation and fighting for justice on behalf of her clients.
Outside of her legal career, she is passionate about SEC football and loves ringing her cowbell at Mississippi State University football games. She and her husband are the proud parents of one daughter.