10 Terrible Excuses People Have Given for Causing a Car Accident
People Came Up with These Excuses As Causes of Car Accidents
In our line of work, we come across a lot of tragedy, grief, and pain – which is why we like to lighten the mood from time to time. Of course, car accidents are no laughing matter, especially when people get hurt. However, there are some cases where the liable driver gives an excuse so ridiculous it’s hard not to shake your head in mild amusement and major disbelief.
“Real claims to insurance companies” will circulate online, and are always good for a laugh. We’ve compiled some of the best ones (or the worst ones, depending on how you look at it) below. While we can’t completely vouch for their authenticity, we can certainly vouch for their entertainment value. Please enjoy.
- Leaving home for work I drove out of my drive and straight into a bus; the bus was five minutes early.
- I don’t know who was to blame for the accident; I wasn’t looking.
- In an attempt to kill a fly, I drove into a telephone pole.
- The guy was all over the road. I had to swerve a number of times before I hit him.
- An invisible car came out of nowhere, struck my vehicle, and vanished.
- Windshield broke. Cause unknown. Probably Voodoo.
- I was sure the old fellow would never make it to the other side of the road when I struck him.
- Coming home I drove into the wrong house and collided with a tree I don’t have.
- I collided with a stationary truck coming the other way.
- I told the other idiot what he was and went on.
Is the driver who hit you giving his own excuse? Contact the experienced auto accident lawyers at Wilshire Law Firm today and let us help you get the compensation you deserve. Our number is (800) 522-7274. We offer FREE consultations.
Our lawyers have decades of experience in providing excellent results in these areas of practice.