Download These 5 Apps For Easy Commute
There are few things more frustrating and stressful than getting stuck in bumper-to-bumper traffic after a long and hard workday. Unfortunately, for millions of people in southern California – a region notorious for its car culture and its traffic – it’s an everyday reality.
If you’re a SoCal denizen with a job, then you probably know what it’s like to have to endure the torture that is the daily commute. Construction delays, accidents, bottlenecks – even a mattress that has fallen off a truck can disrupt your trip and cause you to seriously lose your cool.
But as the saying goes, “There’s an app for everything.” A recent study shows that certain apps can make commuting life easier, from choosing the best route to finding cheaper gas. Check out our list below to see which apps you need to improve your commute (Wilshire Law Firm does not endorse, support, or have a relationship or affiliation with any of the following apps):
- Waze (free) – The world’s largest community-based traffic and navigation app, Waze lets you share real-time traffic and road info with other drivers, saving everyone time and money.
- Songza (free) – Nothing makes commuting time fly by like your favorite tunes. Whether you want to rock out or zen out, Songza’s got a playlist for you.
- Overcast (free) – Offering premium features like smart speed, voice boost, and cellular downloads for the price of nothing, Overcast is THE choice podcast app for avid listeners.
- Audible (paid subscription) – Boasting more than 100,000 selections, Audible is the go-to app for bookworms who want to listen to audio books on the go.
- Automatic ($99.50 one-time payment to buy the car adapter, app is free) – Sure, $99.50 certainly isn’t chump change, but the adapter + app will save you hundreds on gas, repairs, and even tickets. Worth it.
Soon, Wilshire Law Firm plans to release a mobile app that will help accident victims find emergency services, make an accident report, get legal help, and more. Be on the lookout!