Located in San Bernardino County, California, sitting on the southwestern edge of the Mojave Desert. While Victorville only has about 120,000 residents, it is the home of some large employers that bring a lot of traffic into the city, including the Southern California Logistics Airport, Victor Valley College, and the Desert Valley Hospital. Additionally, many tourists make their way through Victorville, traveling the famous U.S. Route 66.
All this traffic makes it easy for car accidents and other motor vehicle collisions in the local area. Fortunately, a leading Victorville personal injury attorney from Wilshire Law Firm is just down the road.
How Do I Know If I Need to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer in Victorville?
After an accident, you may wonder whether you even need to contact a personal injury lawyer. If you were hurt in your accident, the answer is always yes! Many accident victims choose to work with the insurance companies themselves without realizing that insurance adjusters have an agenda – to lower their payout to as little as possible. That’s why it’s important to consult with an attorney who is experienced in the field of personal injury, and who is able to protect your best interests.
You should hire a personal injury attorney from Wilshire Law Firm for the following purposes:
- Proving Fault – If you were injured due to someone else’s negligence, you’re entitled to compensation… but you have to be able to prove it! Proving fault can be a challenge, especially when the other party’s insurance company is trying to blame you. A personal injury lawyer can properly investigate the facts of your case to prove who was really at fault.
- Proving the Extent of the Damages – It’s critical that you understand the full extent of your injuries and both the economic and non-economic damages you suffered as a result of your accident. Otherwise, you won’t get the full compensation you need and deserve. An accident attorney in Victorville can ensure everything is accounted for!
- Negotiating Your Settlement – After your accident, an insurance company may try to call you and convince you to accept a settlement offer. You should ALWAYS leave these negotiations up to a qualified personal injury lawyer who is representing you. Not only will this give you the chance to focus on getting better, but it will also allow you to get the highest settlement possible, as your attorney can fight back against low-ball offers or unfair denials.
- Dealing with Gaps in Insurance – If you were in a car accident and the at-fault driver was uninsured or underinsured, an experienced lawyer can still find ways to get you compensated for your injuries. Make sure you talk to an attorney from Wilshire Law Firm to explore your options!
- Filing a Lawsuit – In some cases, it’s necessary to take a personal injury claim to court. If you’re in this situation, it’s essential that you work with a skilled personal injury litigator who has a winning track record. Our attorneys at Wilshire Law Firm have secured hundreds of millions of dollars in compensation for our clients! Visit our verdicts and settlements page to see a detailed list
To get the best outcome in your case, you need an attorney who fully understands personal injury law and all the challenges involved. We do not recommend trying to go up against a big insurance company and handling your personal injury claim on your own.
We offer FREE, no-obligation legal consultations, and we work on a contingency-fee-basis, which means we do not charge any fees until a settlement or verdict is reached in your case. So, you have nothing to lose by contacting one of our Victorville personal injury lawyers at Wilshire Law Firm!
Victorville California Accident Statistics
In 2018, there were a total of 3,563 driving fatalities in California alone. Drivers under the influence caused nearly a third of these accidents. Over the past 40 years, collision accidents have generally seen a downward trend in traffic fatalities due to safety programs such as an increase in seat belt use and reduced frequency of impaired driving.
See below for more statistics from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA):
- Every month except May, June, August, and October, the US saw decreases in fatalities from 2017 to 2018.
- Nationally, there were seven more fatalities caused by truck accidents in 2018 than in 2017.
- Pedestrians killed by a fatal crash in urban areas have increased by 69% since 2009.
- Motorcyclist fatalities in urban areas have increased by 33% since 2009.
- Fatal car accidents are generally more likely to happen at night than during the day.
- The number of fatalities in distraction-affected crashes was 7.8% of the total fatal accident rate in 2018.
- In both 2017 and 2018, alcohol-impaired-driving fatalities made up 30% of all accident fatalities in California.
- From 2017 to 2018, California saw an 8.3% decrease in accident fatalities.
- California’s alcohol-impaired-driving fatal rate is only 1% higher than the national average.
- In a motor vehicle accident, passengers are more likely to die inside a vehicle than outside of it.
- Passenger cars are the most common types of vehicles involved in fatal crashes.
Regardless of what type of case you have, our team can help. In addition to working with a highly skilled Victorville personal injury lawyer, you will also be able to benefit from our network of experts that can be leveraged for your case, which includes the most qualified experts in accident reconstruction, forensic evidence, property damage assessment, and more.
It takes dedication, hard work, and thorough knowledge of personal injury law to recover compensation for accident victims consistently. At Wilshire Law Firm, we offer all of this and more!
Case Types We Handle at Wilshire Law Firm
Our attorneys focus primarily on personal injury law, which means you get highly experienced and qualified personal injury attorneys working on your case when you choose Wilshire Law Firm. There are general practice law firms out there that handle injury cases, but they won’t offer the kind of specialized attention, treatment, and experience that we do.
At Wilshire Law Firm, we handle the following types of accident cases and more:
- Car Accident/Auto Accident
- Motorcycle Accident
- Truck Accident
- Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident
- Bus Accident
- Train Accident
- Fall Accident
- Wrongful Death
As for injuries, we assist with the following and more:
- Back injury
- Traumatic Brain Injury/Head Injury
- Broken Bone
- Burn Injury
- Dog Bite/Animal Attack
- Laceration Injury
- Neck injury
- Orthopedic injury
- Paraplegia/Quadriplegia Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Whiplash Injury
- Food Poisoning
- Birth Injury
- Wrongful Death
You should contact us today if you have a case related to any of the injuries and accidents listed above, or even for another type of personal injury case.
What Are Economic Damages in a Personal Injury Case?
When you decide to call our law office to pursue a personal injury claim, an injury attorney will use the sum of your damages from the accident to determine how much you should receive in a settlement. There are different kinds of damages that can be recovered through an accident claim, including economic damages and non-economic damages.
Economic Damages are objectively verifiable monetary losses, such as the following:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Burial costs in a wrongful death case
- Loss of use of property
- Repair costs/replacement costs
- Costs of domestic services
- Loss of business
- Loss of employment opportunities
Noneconomic damages are subjective, non-monetary losses. These include but are not limited to the following:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of intimacy and companionship (in cases where the victim has a spouse)
- Loss of consortium
- Injury to reputation/humiliation
The personal injury attorneys at Wilshire Law Firm can work on your behalf to seek justice and compensation for any losses that resulted from your accident. We have helped thousands of accident victims and their families secure advantageous settlements, and we look forward to doing the same for you.
As a team that understands the value of your losses, the Victorville personal injury attorneys are on your side to help you gain peace and the due process you rightfully deserve.
What Should You Do After Suffering an Injury in Victorville?
The Victorville personal injury lawyers at Wilshire Law Firm recommend the following steps to ensure your protection after an accident:
- Get medical treatment – If you or anyone involved in the accident needs medical care, make sure to get treatment right away. Delaying treatment can hurt your case.
- Call the police – A police officer will file a formal, legal accident report that can help support your accident claim.
- Limit your conversations – Only discuss your accident with a police officer and medical professionals. You should consult with an attorney before speaking to any insurance companies, even your own. Do not admit fault to anyone involved in the accident.
- Note the details of your accident – Jot down the names, contact information, and insurance companies of everyone involved in the motor vehicle accident. You may want to take photos of the accident scene, any vehicles involved, injuries incurred, and damage to property.
- Call a personal injury attorney at Wilshire Law Firm – We will take the stress of your personal injury claim out of your hands! Our firm has been handling the most complex personal injury cases for over a decade, so don’t hesitate to contact us today or fill out our online form for a free consultation and professional legal advice.
Contact a Victorville Personal Injury Attorney at Wilshire Law Firm
Victorville personal injury lawyer is trustworthy, friendly, and compassionate. We understand this is a challenging situation for anyone involved. Wilshire Law Firm is voted among the 2020 Best Law Firms by U.S. News & World Report and is working on a No Win No Fee Guarantee basis.
Call Wilshire Law Firm today at (800) 522 7274 or fill out the form below. Our team is available 24/7, 365, and is waiting to help you!