Benefits of a Motorcycle Accident Attorney
When the going gets tough, motorcyclists get going. It is part of the rider manifesto to live life as a free individual, to be independent and self-reliant, to lean on oneself rather than others. But that’s not to say motorcyclists never ask for help. In fact, the wisest riders know that it pays to be resourceful, not stubborn, when the situation calls for the expertise of others. Recovering damages after a motorcycle accident is one such situation.
Experienced motorcycle accident attorneys perform a large array of complex tasks to help victims and their families get the compensation they need to pay off medical bills, make up for lost income, and alleviate other burdens. Below is a list of some of these tasks, though, keep in mind that each case is different and not everything listed may be needed in every case:
- Provide the client with a comprehensive understanding of the personal injury claims process and his or her legal options
- Collect documentary evidence including police reports, medical records and bills, wage loss records
- Analyze the client’s insurance company to determine all available coverages
- Collect statements from witnesses
- Gather other material evidence, such as photographs and videos
- Determine the amount, if any, that the client’s healthy insurance policy or welfare benefit plan may require in repayment of money spent to pay the bills
- Analyze the validity of any liens on the case
- Handle all communications with the insurance adjuster to ensure that the client’s best interests are preserved
- Negotiate a fair settlement deal with the insurance company
- File a lawsuit, if necessary, and represent the client in trial
- Analyze the jury’s verdict to determine whether an appeal is viable and necessary
To discuss the specifics of your California motorcycle injury claim with a trustworthy lawyer, call Wilshire Law Firm at (800) 522-7274 for immediate assistance. Since 2007, our firm has won more than $100 million in settlements and verdicts on behalf of our clients. We can help you obtain maximum recovery for your losses and get you back on the road again.