Whether you should hire a personal injury lawyer after an accident depends on several factors: clarity of liability, the severity of your injuries, your knowledge of the claims process, and so on. The general rule of thumb says that you don’t need a lawyer if your claim is simple and clear-cut. However, most personal injury firms offer initial consultations for free, so it is wise to at least seek advice. You may even be surprised to find out that your claim is more valuable than you thought.
While legal consultation is only suggested in some cases, it is absolutely imperative in others. If any of the following circumstances apply to your case, it is highly advised that you consult an accident lawyer ASAP:
- There are complicated damages involved in your claim that you don’t know how to prove (for instance, you can no longer fulfill your role as a caretaker to your spouse or sick parent due to your injuries).
- The insurance company has denied your claim, even though you believe the claim is completely valid.
- You are dissatisfied with the insurance company’s settlement offer, but they’re refusing to budge.
- Your injuries are serious enough to incur significant medical bills and/or residual disability.
- The victim is a minor with more than slight injuries.
- There is a liability dispute.
- Your case is approaching the deadline set by the statute of limitations in your state and you’re not close to settling your claim.
- Your case is complex, requiring expert investigation.
- The other party has served you with a lawsuit.
To discuss your specific accident case with a California personal injury lawyer, call Wilshire Law Firm at (800) 522-7274. We can provide you with a comprehensive evaluation of your rights and best legal options, at no cost to you! Get the compensation you deserve with help from our Preeminent AV-rated, Top 1% legal team!