Auto Manufacturers Recalls
The process of getting yourself a new car is quite exciting. When searching for this new car, you might look at its popularity in the market, safety ratings, and/ or customer satisfaction. However, it is very unlikely that you might search for the number of recalls experienced by the brand. Not checking if a company has had any recalls is very unwise. Because any company that has had to recall its cars must have had safety issues in the past.
Auto manufacturers hold the lives of their clients in their hands. This is one fact that some car manufacturers seem to overlook. The Takata airbags recall is one of the biggest recalls to date. One of the most recent estimates mentions that about 34 million cars were fitted with faulty and dangerous Takata airbags in the US alone. That means countless lives were put at risk. Some people have lost their lives and others seriously injured by these faulty airbags. In case you or your loved is a victim of the defective Takata airbags, immediately seek the services of experienced car accident lawyers. These lawyers will file a lawsuit on your behalf to make sure you receive the compensation you deserve.AxleGeeks, a company known for combining data and identifying trends in several sectors, recently compiled data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) on the top 10 auto manufacturers with the most recalls up to 2015. Here is the list:
10. Mercedes-Benz: In the 10th place is the Mercedes-Benz. This auto manufacturer is responsible for Smart car brands and the Mercedes-Benz. It experienced 22 recalls which affected 1,203,210 cars.
9. Hyundai: This auto manufacturer had 15 recalls which affected 1,568,871 cars in total.
8. BMW: It had 19 recalls which affected 1,568,305 cars.
7. Nissan Motor Company: In 7th place is the Nissan Motor Company responsible for the Nissan and Infiniti car brands. It had 23 recalls that affected 3,992,606 cars.
6. Mitsubishi: This multinational automotive manufacturer experienced 10 recalls that affected 4,885,280 cars in total.
5. Ford Motor Company: Manufacturers of the Ford and Lincoln brands, this auto manufacturer experienced 53 recalls which affected 5,410,495 cars.
4. Fiat Chrysler Automobiles: The automaker responsible for Chrysler, Fiat, Dodge, Ram, and Jeep brands. It had 10 recalls that affected 6,876,022 cars in total.
3. Toyota Motor Company: Responsible for the Toyota and Scania brands, the Toyota Motor Company had 27 recalls which affected 8,420,039 cars.
2. General Motors: In 2nd place is the manufacturer of the Buick, Chevrolet, Cadillac, and GMC brands which experienced 52 recalls. These recalls affected 10,602,714 cars.
1. Honda Motor Company: In position one is the Honda Motor Company. This auto manufacturer makes the Honda and Acura brands and it had 26 recalls which affected more than 13,577,460 cars.
The number of recalls made in 2015 is very shocking, and this is a clear indication of the frequency of recalls in the automobile industry today. As you look for a new sedan or SUV, one of the most important things you need to consider is the credibility of the brand you choose. You might have noticed that certain vehicle brands are not on the list. This shows that they are relatively safer than those on the list. If, unfortunately, you end up getting into an accident because of a defective car part, remember to seek out the help of experienced car accident lawyers to get compensated. You should not suffer because of somebody else’s mistakes.
Last Updated: 03-24-2017