Accidents Caused by Brake Failure
It’s one of the most traumatic experiences you’ve ever had: you were driving when you needed to apply the brakes, but the brakes didn’t work! As a result, you got into an car accident that was completely out of your control. Now you’re dealing with hefty medical bills, physical pain, and a whole lot of stress. Many questions are going through your mind:
- Why didn’t the brakes work?
- Why should I have to pay for an accident that was not my fault?
- Can I pursue legal action against the liable auto manufacturer?
Don’t leave your financial future and recovery to chance – contact Wilshire Law Firm to receive immediate legal assistance. Our passionate auto product liability lawyers are ready and willing to fight aggressively for your rights. Let us help you obtain justice so you don’t have to pay the price for someone else’s negligence. For a free, comprehensive consultation, call us toll-free today at (800) 522-7274.
Who Can I Sue for Brake Failure?
Depending on the circumstances, the defendant(s) in your suit may be one or more of the following parties:
- Manufacturer: If the brakes were defective due to shoddy materials or bad craftsmanship, liability could fall on the original manufacturer.
- Automaker: A braking system’s functionality does not just rely on the quality of its materials and craftsmanship but also on proper installation. When brakes are improperly installed, whether due to human error or miscalculation, this can lead to mechanical breakdowns and consequently accidents. In many cases, the manufacturer and automaker are the same company.
- Mechanic: If a mechanic inspected your brakes and unreasonably failed to spot major issues which later contributed to brake failure, he or she can be held liable for such negligence.
To determine the liable party for your brake failure accident, you must find out where in the chain of production the brakes became defective. This might, and most likely will, require a complex and time consuming investigation. Since evidence tends to fade with time, it is absolutely essential that you get a reliable attorney started on your case right away. The sooner, the better.
Recent Brake Failure Recalls
In recent years, multiple major auto makers have issued recalls impacting millions of vehicles with brake problems. Some of the more major recalls include the following:
- Subaru recalled 72,000 newer-model vehicles because the pre-collision braking component of the driver-assist system could fail. Affected vehicles include 2015 models of the Impreza, Legacy, Outback, and XV Crosstrek.
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has recently opened a probe into 250,000 large Ford trucks for potential power brake issues.
- Toyota recalled 802,000 vehicles worldwide to fix flaws in the brake system, which could crack and result in the brake fluid leaking. This recall affects the Crown Majesta, Crown, Noah, and Voxy models produced between June 2007 and June 2012.
Find out whether your vehicle has been recalled by using the search system on safercar.gov.
No Upfront Fee
At Wilshire Law Firm, we serve injury victims throughout California. There is absolutely no fee to discuss your case with us and we won’t ask for a single cent unless we win. So there is no reason to delay – contact us today and receive the high quality legal representation you need to obtain maximum recovery for your losses.
Thank You Bobby!I was hospitalized due to a injury caused by a vehicle. I received a huge hospital billl a month later. I knew I wasn't at fault and shouldn't pay a huge amount. I called the Wilshire firm and they did ALL the heavy lifting. After 8 months of litigation, they were able to help reduce my hospital bills and leave me withe a bit of money for future hospital expenses. Thank You Bobby!
I am very happy and will recomment Wilshire Lawfirm to anyone!!! :)Its was a plesant experience dealing with the law firm! Anavel was great at communicating information and always kept a positive attitude towards my best interest! I am very happy and will recomment Wilshire Lawfirm to anyone!!! :)
TOP 1% OF LAWYERS
UNLESS YOU WIN