Accidents Caused by Defective Airbags
In recent years, millions of vehicles have been recalled by major auto manufacturers, including Honda, Toyota, and Nissan, due to airbag defects.
Air bags save lives, but when they are not working properly, they can cause more harm than good. If you believe a defective airbag contributed to your injuries in a car crash, you should contact an experienced attorney who knows auto product liability inside and out. You may be entitled to compensation for:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages and loss of earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- And more!
At Wilshire Law Firm, we are currently accepting defective airbag injury cases. Contact our office immediately to receive a free consultation. We will provide you with a full understanding of your rights and legal options, along with an honest evaluation of your potential damages. With our representation, you’ll have more than a fighting chance at obtaining maximum recovery for your losses. Submit an online contact form or call us toll-free at (800) 522-7274 to learn more.
How Can Airbags Become Dangerous?
Airbags are a mandatory safety feature on modern vehicles. Some models even contain dozens of airbags throughout the vehicle, including front, side, and knee airbags, and more. While they are responsible for savings thousands upon thousands of lives, airbags can become dangerous when defective, especially to children and small adults.
Airbags can fail and cause serious injury or death under a wide variety of circumstances, including the following:
- Failure to open upon impact
- Unexpected and/or unnecessary deployment when there is no accident
- Airbag explodes with metal or plastic shrapnel
- Airbag does not deploy properly (e.g. overly powerful inflation or improper inflation shape)
- Faulty sensors turn off or deploy the airbags for no reason
Injuries that can result from an airbag defect accident include:
- Head, neck, or spinal injury
- Bone fractures
- Eye or ear injuries
- Organ damage
- Internal bleeding
These injuries and other damages can contribute to a lifetime of physical, mental, and financial struggle. This is why victims should get legal help immediately so they can pursue justice from the liable company and get the compensation they need to put their lives back together.
About Defective Airbags
Major Air Bag Recalls
Consumers should be aware of these major auto recalls that were issued in recent years due to defective airbag systems:
- General Motors (GM) Defective Ignition Switch and Airbags: GM has recalled millions of vehicles to address a defective ignition switch problem that can shut off the airbags. Multiple deaths and injuries have been reported and linked to this defect.
- Takata Exploding Airbags: Tens of millions of vehicles with Takata airbags have been recalled due to a horrific exploding airbag defect that has injured and killed multiple people with flying metal shrapnel.
You can look up your vehicle on safercar.gov to determine whether it has been affected by a recall.
Bringing Negligent Automakers to Justice
At Wilshire Law Firm, our aggressive attorneys strive to make a difference in vehicle safety. Only by holding negligent manufacturers accountable can we provide better protection for drivers and passengers. If you believe you have a viable auto defect case, please contact us today.
Last Updated: 05-01-2017
Our lawyers have decades of experience in providing excellent results in these areas of practice.