Uber Accident Lawsuits
Uber Accident Lawsuits Are New and Complex
Last Updated: 02-01-2017
Once a humble San Francisco-based startup, now a multi-billion-dollar global powerhouse with operations in over 66 countries and 449 cities worldwide, Uber has ridden the recent trend of transportation network companies (TNCs) straight to the very top. At the root of their success is their innovative, app-based rideshare service, which people have embraced for its convenience and low fares.
However, with innovation comes new legal complications and questions: Who is liable if an Uber driver gets into an accident? Who pays for damages and injuries?
At Wilshire Law Firm, our premier personal injury lawyers can help you navigate the new legal terrain related to Uber accident lawsuits and get you the full and fair compensation you deserve. To discuss your case with our team of legal experts, call us toll-free at (800) 522-7274. We offer free, comprehensive, no-obligation consultations.
Uber’s Policy and Liability Insurance
- Uber classifies its drivers as “independent contractors” and not employees in an attempt to deflect liability for any injuries sustained in a crash. However, passengers are covered by up to $1 million per ride in commercial liability insurance.
- Unlike taxi cab companies, Uber defines itself as a technology provider, not a transportation company or car service, which, again, allows the company to deflect blame onto its drivers and makes it more difficult for accident victims to make complaints or claims with Uber.
- Uber is notorious for being hard to reach by phone. Victims may be able to contact Uber customer service care or an Uber partner by e-mail or through their social media, but even those channels are known to be unreliable. Our attorneys have the knowledge and resources to touch base with Uber and their drivers.
- California law sets insurance coverage requirements for all Transportation TNCs, including Uber. The company now provides $50,000/$100,000/$25,000 of contingent coverage between trips. However, there remains the question of what happens when a driver has multiple ridesharing apps open at the same time.
- Injured pedestrians, bicyclists, and other motorists are also entitled to substantial compensation. Victims who are not passengers can still recover from the driver’s insurance policy in addition to Uber’s excess policy.
Why You Need an Experienced Uber Accident Attorney
Uber’s insurance provider has the wealth and resources to employ armies of investigators, experts, and other professionals to fight your claim for the sake of preserving their profits. You need an advocate on your side who is both a skilled negotiator and an aggressive trial attorney, and can ensure you get the maximum recovery for your injuries as an Uber accident victim.
At Wilshire Law Firm, we provide custom-tailored legal solutions for clients. Our goal is always to obtain the maximum award for a client’s injuries. In service of this goal, we utilize cutting edge technology for litigation management, legal and medical research, and data collection. In addition, we have highly trained specialists handle all aspects of a case – from medical treatment to liens reduction to litigation. We are so proficient in what we do that other lawyers often turn to us for help with their cases.
Top Uber Accident Attorneys in California
- Litigator Award – Trial Lawyer Board of Regents
- AV Preeminent Rating – Martindale-Hubbell
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers – The National Trial Lawyers
- President Elect in 2016 and President in 2017 of Top 40 Under 40 – The National Trial Lawyers
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum – Lifetime Member
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum – Lifetime Member
- Perfect 10.0 ‘Superb’ Rating – Avvo
- Los Angeles Trial Lawyers’ Charities (LATLC) – Executive Board Member
- Southern California Rising Stars Up-And-Coming 100 – Super Lawyers
- Best Personal Injury Lawyers – Three Best Rated
- Best Personal Injury Attorneys 2016 – Newsweek
- Southern California’s Top Verdicts & Settlements – Los Angeles Times
Contact Wilshire Law Firm Today
We understand that Uber accident claims can be very confusing. The renowned legal team at Wilshire Law Firm has a firm grasp on the insurance policies and coverage involved in these accidents and can provide the support you need to obtain an optimal case outcome. Whether you need to file a claim with the right parties or have been denied compensation for your injuries, we are ready to fight for you. Call us today at (800) 522-7274 for immediate assistance.
Our lawyers have decades of experience in providing excellent results in these areas of practice.