H. Gavin Long, Esq., Senior Partner at Wilshire Law Firm, is a distinguished Plaintiff Personal Injury Trial Lawyer with a proven track record of results for his clients. His journey in the legal field began with a strong foundation in education, having graduated from Servite High School. He continued his education at the University of Southern California (U.S.C), where he first “got bitten by personal injury trial work,” and where he also had the opportunity to work with renowned personal injury lawyer and philanthropist, Herbert Hafif. Gavin then pursued his passion for law at Whittier Law School, earning his Juris Doctor and receiving American Jurisprudence Awards for excellence in Torts and Evidence, ranking #1 in his class.
With over two decades of experience, Gavin’s legal career has been marked by dedication and outstanding achievements. He went on his own, trying cases for Bisnar Chase in Newport Beach, where he then worked his way up from entry level associate to Partner and Trial Lawyer, specializing in Personal Injury Litigation.
Gavin’s commitment to justice and excellence has been recognized through numerous honors and awards, including being named Orange County Trial Lawyer of the Year in 2016 and 2020, with a nomination in 2021. He is a proud member of ABOTA and has secured two of the Top 50 Jury Verdicts in 2019. His exceptional advocacy has also led to recognition in the Top 50 verdicts in California in 2019, Best Lawyers from 2016 to 2022, and Super Lawyers.
“Being a trial lawyer fits my personality,” says Gavin. “For me, it’s the best job I could have. I get a lot of satisfaction when an insurance company must pay a large jury verdict out of its own pocket because they would not pay the policy limits.”
This reflects Gavin’s deep sense of purpose in representing plaintiffs, reassuring them that they are in the right, and he is “their champion in the legal battle.” In his personal life, Gavin has been married for 25 years, balancing his professional success with a passion for travel, fitness, sporting events, and any ocean/beach activities in sunny California.
His notable recent jury verdicts, including landmark cases, demonstrate his expertise as a trial lawyer and advocate for justice in personal injury litigation. Gavin is assertive and prepared to fight and win against unscrupulous insurance companies and large corporations unconcerned over injured victims dealing with the aftermath of a traumatic event. Gavin stands up for those who do not have a voice and continues to surpass expectations in and out of the courtroom.
- Servite High School
- University of Southern California
- Whittier Law School
- American Jurisprudence Torts and Evidence
Awards & Leadership Roles
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) Board Member
- 2014-2023 Super Lawyers
- 2016 Orange County Trial Lawyer of The Year
- 2021 Top 20 Motor Vehicle Jury Verdicts
- 2022 Cover, Attorney Journals
- 2020 Orange County Trial Lawyer of the Year
- 2020 California Trial Lawyer of the Year Runner-Up
- 2023 Elite Lawyers
- 2 of the Top 50 Verdicts in California 2019
- 2018, 2023 Lawyers of Distinction
- Best Lawyers in America 2016-2023
- Top Plaintiff Lawyer Daily Journal 2021
- Top 100 Plaintiff Attorney, National Trial Lawyers Assoc.
- Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC) Board of Governors
- Avvo 5-Star Rated
- Top 1% in the Nation
- Reptile Trial Strategy (Former Instructor)
- $5,300,000– Verdict
- Numerous additional six figure verdicts and excess policy limit verdicts in personal injury auto and premises liability cases.