If you live in the greater Oakland area and you or someone you know has sustained personal injuries due to an accident caused by someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation.
We strongly urge you to contact the award-winning Oakland accident attorneys of Wilshire Law Firm. You need a team of personal injury lawyers who understand your situation. The attorneys at Wilshire Law Firm are here to help you 24/7. We offer free, no obligation consultations and are prepared to answer any questions you may have about your case. Each case is unique, whether you were the victim of a car accident, slip and fall incident, or Uber accident. We can help make it right and will take on the big businesses and insurance companies in your defense today.
Oakland is home to over 450,000 people. Oakland is also home to some of the world’s most storied sports franchises, like the Warriors of the NBA and the Athletics of the MLB. These historic franchises contribute to the city’s pulsating culture. Even though Oakland isn’t as famous as its across-the-bay neighbor, San Francisco, Oakland still receives millions of visitors every year and is home to many commuters. With all that travel, there is more potential for accidents and personal injury. Wilshire Law Firm’s Oakland Car Accident Attorneys are diligent when it comes to winning our clients rightful and just compensation for their injuries. We go the extra mile, and the best part is that it’s free to start.
Why Do You Need an Oakland Personal Injury Lawyer?
Having an Oakland injury lawyer by your side can make all the difference in your case. Depending on your accident’s details, a good personal injury attorney will get you the compensation you deserve and ensure justice is served. We understand how stressful these types of cases are and will do everything we can to fight for you.
Some of the top benefits of hiring an Oakland injury attorney include:
- They will provide a professional and objective opinion of your case
- They have expert negotiation skills
- They will ensure you the get medical attention and care you deserve
- They will provide you with options and help you choose the best one for your case
- They can assist with complex litigation
- They can expedite your Oakland personal injury claim
- They will keep your settlement on the right track
What Kinds of Cases Do We Handle?
Accidents happen, leaving victims with long-term injuries, mounting medical bills, and years of rehabilitation. If you were an accident victim, we can help you get your life back on track and recover the compensation you deserve.
Our Oakland injury attorneys handle the following types of cases:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bus accidents
- Train accidents
- Commercial vehicle accidents
- Amusement park accidents
- Plane accidents
- Uber accidents
What to Do After You Get Injured in Oakland?
A drive or walk around Oakland will show you that accidents happen all the time, whether a pedestrian accident or car accident. And while we may not have the power to prevent all accidents from occurring, it’s what you do afterward that counts. Life comes at you fast. Sometimes, faster than you ever imagined. The decisions you make in the immediate aftermath of your auto accident and months after your accident will have an everlasting effect on your daily life.
Taking the following steps is key after an Oakland accident or injury:
- Seek medical attention
- Call the police and file a report
- Exchange information with the other driver(s)
- Insurance policy
- Name, address, phone number
- Information about the vehicle they were driving
- Talk to any witnesses
- Contact a personal injury attorney from Wilshire Law Firm
How to Choose a Personal Injury Law Firm
There are many different options out there when it comes to choosing an Oakland personal injury lawyer. To ensure you are working with someone who understands the complex legal system and is committed to the outcome of your case and your well-being, consider the following questions before hiring a lawyer:
- Do they have any peer reviews?
- How many of their cases are referrals from other lawyers and clients?
- When do they charge a fee? Only if there is a recovery, or no matter what?
- How long have they been handling personal injury cases?
- In what case types do they specialize?
- What is their background?
- Are they certified?
Asking these questions will give you a better idea of what to expect with your legal representation. When in doubt, follow your gut and go with an attorney you trust. A good Oakland personal injury attorney should not only be willing and open to discussing your case with you but will go above and beyond to make you a top priority.
Here are some additional tips to help you choose the best Oakland personal injury lawyers for your case:
- Ask friends, family, and colleagues for a recommendation
- Do your due diligence and research online before meeting with an Oakland accident lawyer
- Always discuss fees before signing an agreement to ensure you are on the same page
- Find out the lawyer’s background and training
- Ask how they will communicate and handle your case
- Listen to your gut!
Types of Personal Injury Claims
Our Oakland injury lawyers handle the following types of cases:
- Workplace accidents
- Premises liability cases
- Construction accidents
- Product liability cases
- Catastrophic injury
- Slip and fall accidents
- Battery explosions
- Wrongful death
- Sexual abuse
- Sexual assault
- Swimming pool accidents
Whether you were injured on-the-job or suffered a devastating injury because of someone else’s negligence or misconduct in a car accident, we can help. Contact an Oakland personal injury lawyer from Wilshire Law Firm today to get started.
What Damages Are Recoverable in an Oakland Personal Injury Case?
Accidents and injuries come in all different shapes and forms. Victims of these types of incidents may be entitled to compensation following an accident caused by another person’s negligence or misconduct.
Typically, damages awarded for these types of claims fall under one of two categories:
- Compensatory – These damages aim to compensate an injured person for the physical injuries they’ve suffered. Injury victims of all types of accidents may have the right to compensatory damages.
- Punitive – These damages are not awarded as frequently and have nothing to do with the victim’s injuries. Punitive damages are a way to punish the guilty party for their inappropriate, negligent, or otherwise despicable behavior.
In some cases, special damages may be awarded to an accident victim to cover expenses following an accident or serious injury in Oakland.
These special damages may include:
- Loss of wages or earnings
- Loss of any future earnings
- Medical bills
- Future medical care
- Household bills and other expenses
How Can Our Oakland Personal Injury Lawyers Help?
Our Oakland personal injury lawyers are committed to your case and will do everything we can to hold those responsible accountable. If you suffered an injury in a cruise ship accident, commercial vehicle accident, slip and fall incident, car accident, or any other accident in Oakland, contact a personal injury firm today to schedule a free consultation. What you deserve can’t be agreed upon with a single phone call from a sneaky, manipulative insurance adjuster. You need trustworthy legal representation for you and your family and attorneys that will take on the insurance companies until you get the justice you deserve.
There is no excuse for what happened to you during the accident. Insurance companies will try to low ball you with a fast, easy offer that it will look good at first – but you’re entitled to more than that.
Consider the costs of your recovery:
- Medical bills
- Mental health therapy
- Rental and replacement vehicle
- Emotional distress
- Potential PTSD
- New clothes
- Lost wages
- So much more
Do you really think the insurance company has all these crucial costs in mind when they make you an offer? Do they have your family’s best interests in mind? The answer is no. Wilshire Law Firm has your best interests at heart all the time. We’ve helped thousands and thousands of families get the justice they deserve for their personal injuries, and we’re taking on new cases every day.
Call the personal injury attorneys in Oakland at Wilshire Law Firm today at (415) 704-9912 and speak to someone within seconds.