According to the 2019 American Time Use Survey by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, 82% of employed persons did some or all of their work at their workplace.
With most American workers going into their workplace regularly, California employees have a right to work in a safe work environment. In Los Angeles, unfortunately, employees do not always find themselves in safe situations. For this reason, accidents can occur, causing employees to become injured.
If you have suffered an injury due to a work accident, a personal injury attorney from Wilshire Law Firm may be able to help. While we do not usually handle workers’ compensation cases (cases in which your employer is at fault for your injury), we can assist you if a third party other than your employer was either partially or fully at fault for your workplace injury. This could be someone like a commercial property owner, an equipment manufacturer, a company vendor, or another party.
Keep in mind, if your accident was solely caused by your employer, you should instead consult with a law firm that focuses specifically on workers’ compensation cases.
If you do qualify to file a personal injury claim (and not just a workers’ compensation claim), it’s important to look for an experienced personal injury attorney who can assist you. The best Los Angeles workplace injury lawyer will help you not only prove who is at fault for your accident, but they’ll also help you recover maximum compensation for your injuries. To schedule a free, no-obligation case consultation with one of our workplace accident lawyers in Los Angeles, please complete our online form or call us at (844) 432-7044.
Why Do I Need a Work Injury Attorney?
Workplace injuries can vary greatly, from minor cuts and bruises to the other end of the spectrum – permanent disability or even death.
If you have suffered a significant or catastrophic injury due to someone else’s negligence or unsafe conditions within your workplace, you may have grounds for a personal injury lawsuit (assuming someone other than your employer is liable).
Here’s why an injured worker should consider hiring a workplace injury attorney from Wilshire Law Firm:
- To determine the merits of your case, Wilshire Law Firm offers free, no-obligation work injury case consultations. Simply schedule a consultation and a member of our team will evaluate your case and all your questions.
- In any personal injury case that involves another person’s negligence, an insurance company might try to contact you and persuade you to accept a settlement offer. Unfortunately, this offer will almost always be less than your injury claim’s actual value. The best Los Angeles workplace injury attorney will fend off insurance adjusters and seek the maximum compensation for your case.
- A personal injury attorney at the most professional workplace injury law firm Los Angeles has seen can provide options after an accident. A qualified personal injury lawyer knows the ins and outs of the litigation process and can guide you to the best course of action for your worker’s compensation claim.
- When you hire a work accident injury attorney from our law office, we will work on your settlement so you can recover and heal from your injuries in peace. Trying to tackle a personal injury claim on your own can be exhausting. Let the legal team at Wilshire Law Firm handle your case, and you won’t regret it!
- Maybe you suffered a motorcycle accident, car accident, or other motor vehicle accident in the parking lot of your workplace or while you on the road for a work-related task. A car accident lawyer at our law firm is well-versed in personal injury law, which covers every kind of accident imaginable.
What Are the Most Common Workplace Injuries in Los Angeles?
Here are the most common work accident injuries:
- Sprains, strains, and tears
- Laceration injury
- Inhaling toxic fumes
- Back injury
- Broken bone injury
- Head injury / brain injury
- Neck injury
If you do not see your injury on this list, you should still give us a call. We have experience working with all types of injuries, and we have an extensive network of medical practitioners who work on a lien basis (meaning you won’t have to pay your medical bills upfront). An official doctor’s evaluation of any physical trauma or injury will be an essential piece of evidence for your workplace injury case.
What Are the Main Causes of Accidents in the Workplace?
In 2018, 5,250 workers died on the job, which equates to more than 100 workers a week, on average. Over 21% of workplace fatalities in the private sector were from construction accidents; however, injuries can occur across all industries.
Here are a few of the common causes of work accidents:
- Poorly maintained equipment or total equipment failure
- Lack of proper training or instruction
- Obstructed walkways and exits
- Failure to adhere to limits, standards, and restrictions
- Safety violations
- Missing or obstructed signage
- Negligent or incompetent employees
What Should I Do After an Accident at Work?
After a work accident, you should do the following:
- Remain calm. Panicking only makes matters worse. Keeping calm will help you maintain a clear mind and make more rational decisions following the accident.
- Assess yourself and others for injuries and 9-1-1 if needed. Quick action can help save lives.
- Call the police if you were injured due to the negligence of a third party that is not your employer. A detailed police report of the work accident can help your personal injury case later on.
- Take photos of your injuries and the scene of the accident. This will serve as crucial evidence for your case.
- Gather contact information from anyone who witnessed your accident. Having witnesses can add more credibility to your claim.
- Do not give statements to any insurance companies or accept any settlement offers from them. Insurance adjusters will generally try to offer a lower amount than the injury victim is entitled to receive. Talk to an attorney first and let them handle all negotiations!
- Don’t post any information about the accident on social media as insurance companies will often try to manipulate this information to their own benefit.
- Call a workplace accident attorney at Wilshire Law Firm immediately to assist you with your personal injury case.
Get Help from an Experienced Workplace Injury Lawyer at Wilshire Law Firm
At Wilshire Law Firm, we are aware of the devastating effects a workplace accident can have on injury victims and their families. Our workplace accident attorneys at Wilshire Law Firm are dedicated to seeing justice served and the responsible party held accountable for their actions.
That is why we work tirelessly to ensure that you and your loved ones receive the best possible outcome for your case. This includes compensation for medical bills, past and future lost wages, pain and suffering, and more. We have the experience and resources necessary to take on even the largest corporations.