Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Los Angeles
It all happened so quickly. You were enjoying your regular motorcycle ride when suddenly you found yourself lying on the road or in a hospital bed. A motorist wasn’t paying attention and hit you. Now you’re faced with physical pain and disability, exorbitant medical bills, lost wages, and other life-impacting damages.– Click here to know What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident –
Like most motorcycle accident victims, you probably have a lot of questions:
- How do I pursue compensation for my damages?
- How do I hold the at-fault party or parties liable?
- How much is it going to cost to get professional legal help?
At Wilshire Law Firm, we have recovered OVER 130 MILLION DOLLARS for our clients. Our attorneys are effective negotiators and aggressive trial lawyers who never settle for less. To get clients maximum recovery, we explore every option and fight every necessary battle. Additionally, our firm operates on a contingency fee basis, meaning you don’t pay us when we sign you as a client, but when we recover money on your behalf. In other words, we charge no upfront fees.
There is literally zero risk to consulting with us, so why delay? Call us today at (800) 522-7274 to receive a FREE consultation.
What Are the Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents?
Motorcyclists are popularly depicted in film and television as reckless riders with a death wish, but this could not be further from the truth. It’s actually the drivers of passenger vehicles who cause the majority of car-motorcycle collisions, not motorcyclists. The common acts of negligence which contribute to motorcycle accidents include the following:
- Failing to come to a complete stop before turning right on red in violation.
- Running a red light or stop sign without seeing the approaching motorcycle.
- Driving while distracted, perhaps by passengers or phone use.
- Failing to yield right-of-way to the motorcycle, particularly during lane changes.
- Exceeding the legal speed limit on the street and, therefore, unable to avoid a collision.
- Failing to check blind spots for motorcyclists before changing lanes.
Take Action ASAP
In California, cases arising from a motorcycle accident, and most other accident cases, must be filed within two years of the date of the accident. If the liable party is a public entity, such as a city or school district, then a claim must be filed with the appropriate government entity within six months of the incident. If you fail to meet the deadline for your claim, you may get barred from pursuing compensation completely. Don’t risk losing out on your rightful recovery – contact an attorney as soon as possible.
Motorcycle Accident Menu
- Motorcycle Accident FAQ
- Motorcycle Attorneys: What You Need to Know
- Drug Related Motorcycle Accident
- Alcohol Related Motorcycle Accident
- Motorcycle Rear End Accident
- Reckless Driving Motorcycle Accident
- Motorcycle Accident Involving Uninsured Motorist
- Unsafe Left Turn Motorcycle Accident
- Hit and Run Motorcycle Accident
What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident
“It’s not a matter of if, but when.”
This popular saying amongst veteran riders is not an irrefutable statement of fact – it is possible to go through a whole lifetime of motorcycling without a single incident – but it acknowledges the reality that no matter how good you are or how many precautionary measures you take on the road, there is always the unpredictability factor. Therefore, it’s better to be prepared for a crash than not.
What you do immediately after a motorcycle accident can significantly affect your injury claim down the line. Since your financial and physical well-being on the line, every step you take needs to be deliberate. If you want the best outcome for your accident case, follow the steps below:
- Your safety is your number one priority – get out of harm’s way before doing anything else.
- Check yourself and other involved persons for injuries. Get medical attention ASAP.
- Don’t let your emotions get the best of you and think before you act.
- Call the police and have them write up a report.
- Get vehicle, contact, and insurance info from all involved parties.
- Take pictures of vehicle damages, injuries, skid marks, traffic signs and signals, and other elements of the environment that tell the story of how the crash happened.
- Politely ask any witnesses for their contact info and if they would be willing to provide an account of what they saw. If they decline, don’t push further.
- When talking to anybody about the accident, including the police and the insurance company, be careful not to say anything that could implicate you. Also, do not downplay your injuries.
- Do what your doctor says. They know your body better than you do. If you want a smooth recovery, listen to them.
- Get a lawyer. A lawyer can help you file your claim, negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf, and obtain maximum compensation for your damages.
Specialists in Motorcycle Injury Claims
We have successfully resolved thousands of motorcycle accident cases since 2007. Our team focuses on personal injury and motorcycle accidents all day, every day. And you as a rider get the benefit of our passion and our experience as specialists in our field.
Motorcycle riders have unique needs with regard to replacement of protective gear, such as helmets, jackets, gloves, and so on. You need a motorcycle accident specialist who is recognized as being the best of the best in their industry. Don’t be fooled by a website showing an attorney wearing a bandanna on a motorcycle. That’s not what you should be looking for in your personal injury attorney.
As motorcycle accident specialists, we realize that riders have a unique attachment to their bike. It’s our goal to get your bike repaired quickly and efficiently and to get you treated by the best of the best doctors so that you can be healthy again and get back to living your life because as a rider you deserve to ride. No insurance company, no defendant, and nobody who’s at fault for an accident should be able to take that away from you.
Some of the unique skills that Wilshire Law Firm brings to the table include our expertise in dealing with motorcycle accidents. That includes accident reconstruction videos to show you as a rider on your motorcycle being the victim of an accident by the defendant. We show the defendant crashing into you and you flying off of your bike exactly how it happened in real life. The jury needs to see that. The defense attorneys need to see that. And the insurance companies from the other side need to see that and they need to know that we’re ready to play ball.
We Care About the Biker Community
For many years, our motorcycle lawyers have helped thousands of injured riders get back on their feet and on the road after an accident. When a rider goes down, we fight tooth and nail for their recovery. Bad drivers and insurance companies hate us for our aggressive legal style – riders love us for it.
Our commitment to riders goes beyond legal work. As diehard supporters of the rider community, we proudly sponsor some of the largest rallies in the country, such as Rolling Thunder and Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, as well as inspirational charity rides like Ride for Kids and Love Ride. We also offer an unparalleled level of assistance to many clubs and motorcycle rights organizations, including the American Motorcycle Association (AMA).
Elite Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Our attorneys have received an AV Preeminent Rating, the highest possible rating for legal skills and ethics by Martindale-Hubbell. We’ve also received the Litigators Award by the Trial Lawyers Board of Regents, which is given to only the top 1% of all lawyers nationwide. Our Founding President and Managing Attorney Bobby Saadian has been selected as the President of the Top 40 Under 40 personal injury attorneys in the entire United States.
No Win, No Fee, Guaranteed
With medical bills, lost wages, property damages, and other expenses on the horizon, the last thing you want is to aggravate your financial strain with added legal costs. At Wilshire Law Firm, we believe in providing our clients relief, not burdening them further, which is why we charge our clients zero upfront fees. That’s right – our no win, no fee promise is exactly what it sounds like. You pay nothing until and unless we make a recovery.
We guarantee all clients the following:
- FREE, comprehensive, no-obligation consultations. We do not charge an hourly fee for consultations. Bring your questions and concerns to us anytime and we will advise you to the best of our ability without billing you a cent.
- If we don’t win, you don’t pay. We operate on contingency, which means we only win when you win. Since our pay is directly tied to our performance, you can rest assured that we are working hard to win your case.
- We fully finance your case. From filing fees to courtroom costs, we cover every expense associated with your case – so you don’t have to pay anything out of pocket. We believe that everyone, no matter their financial situation, should be able to pursue justice and compensation after an accident.
- We work with doctors to make treatment more affordable. Our staff puts their excellent negotiating skills to work to drastically reduce your medical payments. We can save you thousands of dollars.
- Can’t come to us? We’ll come to you. Whether you’re at home, in the workplace, or in the hospital – whatever your situation is, we’ll work to accommodate all of your needs.
The biggest advantage of choosing us to handle your case is that you don’t have anything to lose but everything to gain! We believe the choice is clear. Consult with our lawyers for your best shot at a full recovery.
Get Legal Advice Now
When you choose Wilshire Law Firm, you choose an award-winning team of Top 1% lawyers. You choose a hand-picked staff of highly trained investigators, negotiators, paralegals, and support staff who all share one goal: to maximize your recovery. We have the experience, the resources, and the proven track record to help you fight the insurance company – and win.
Due to the aforementioned stereotype of the reckless rider, the odds are always stacked against the motorcyclist in accident cases. The dedicated attorneys at Wilshire Law Firm are here to help even those odds. If you would like to discuss your case with one of our dedicated legal team members, call our offices or submit an online contact form. Our legal staff is on standby, ready to assist you.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Last Updated: 05-15-2017