Thiago M. Coelho, Esq. handles complex class and mass actions for Wilshire Law Firm. Well-versed in issues like consumer protection and data privacy, much of Thiago’s innovative legal work has been at the center of this developing area of law. His sharp negotiation and litigation skills make him a vital part of Wilshire Law Firm’s class action department, where he specializes in multimillion-dollar class action lawsuits and other high-stakes litigation.
Passionate about protecting the public from greedy, powerful corporations that focus on their own profits at the expense of consumers, Thiago leaves no case up to chance. He is committed to achieving exceptional results for Wilshire Law Firm and its clients through outstanding case preparation and presentation. Thiago confidently builds every case for trial with meticulous attention to detail. A dynamic consumer advocate, Thiago represents clients across the United States in complicated litigation matters against some of the world’s biggest companies, including Apple, Uber, Marriott, Delta Air Lines, and more.
Thiago’s strategic approach to the law places his practice at the cutting-edge of consumer advocacy, with his cases routinely developing at the forefront of the legal profession. His reputation for litigation excellence has been honored by industry peers with several legal accolades. As President of The Data Privacy Trial Lawyers Association—Top 10, Thiago has exemplified superior qualifications of leadership, reputation, influence, and performance in data privacy and consumer protection class action litigation.
Thiago also serves as the Chair of the Consumer Class Actions and Data Privacy Class Actions Departments.
- J.D., University of Southern California, Gould School of Law
- B.S. with Honors, University of Central Florida
Awards & Accolades
- Data Privacy Trial Lawyers – Top 10 by The National Trial Lawyers (NTL)
- The Class Action Trial Lawyers – Top 25, NTL
- Top 40 under 40 Civil Plaintiff Lawyers, NTL
- Wage and Hour Trial Lawyers – Top 10, NTL
Professional Affiliations & Leadership Roles
- President, The Data Privacy Trial Lawyers Association – Top 10
- Data Breach Committee Member, Consumer Attorneys Of California (CAOC)
- Wage & Hour Committee Member, California Employment Lawyers Association (CELA)
- Diversity Committee Member, Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC)
- Member of the Class Action Division, American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- Member, Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA)
- Member, Impact Fund
- Member, American Association for Justice
- Member, American Bar Association
- Trial Team Co-Chair, University of Southern California (during law school)
- Trial Team Member, University of Central Florida (during college)
Publications & Appearances
- “Citizens Policing the Police: An Evaluation of Citizens Recording Police Officers and Eavesdropping Laws” 51 No. 1 Crim. Law Bulletin ART 6 (2015)
- Participant, American Bar Association Class Ac