If you reside in the Ontario, California, area, and you or someone you know has sustained a serious injury due to an accident, contact the experienced team of lawyers at Wilshire Law Firm today for a free consultation. You may have a personal injury case at hand and get the compensation you deserve for your injuries. Our Ontario legal team has your best interests in mind and are available at their law office 24/7 to take your call. Accidents happen every single day in the blink of an eye, leaving you in a stressful and potentially dangerous situation. It’s imperative you take action right now and do everything you can to take on those responsible for your injuries.
We have extensive experience in personal injury law and are prepared to take on your case today, whether you were injured in a car accident, truck accident, motorcycle accident, experienced medical malpractice, or another incident that requires legal representation.
Ontario is home to over 160,000 people. With its famous mall, Ontario Mills, and the Ontario International Airport, “Southern California’s Next Urban Center” is home to many major distribution facilities and agricultural sites. All that shopping, travel, and industry adds up to lots of cars on the road, which, unfortunately, increases the chance for auto accidents and personal injury.
Fortunately, Wilshire Law Firm’s award-winning Ontario personal injury attorneys are just a few steps away! Give our super lawyers a call today for legal advice about how we can help recover fair compensation through an injury case.
Why Do I Need A Personal Injury Lawyer in Ontario?
Almost 40 million people call California home, making it the most populated state in the nation. With a growth rate of .48 percent in 2019, it should be no surprise that accidents and serious injuries are also on the rise. One of the most frequently asked questions we field is, “why do I need an Ontario personal injury lawyer?”
There are a couple of different answers to this, but the bottom line is that an experienced lawyer can ensure you receive the compensation you deserve. Depending on your case’s details, an Ontario injury lawyer can take on big insurers, large corporations, or any other entity responsible for your accident and injuries. You don’t have to suffer alone. Let us help you fight for your rights and get you the compensation you deserve through a personal injury claim.
Accident Cases We Handle in Ontario
There are approximately 6 million car accidents every year in the United States, many of which result in debilitating injuries or deaths. In 2017, California alone saw 485,866 accidents, resulting in 276,823 injuries and 3,898 deaths.
Our experienced Ontario accident attorney handles the following types of accident cases for the injured party:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bus accidents
- Train accidents
- Commercial vehicle accidents
- Amusement park accidents
- Boat accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Cruise ship accidents
- Plane accidents
- Uber accidents
To learn more about your rights as an accident victim, contact our Ontario legal team today.
Injury Cases We Handle in Ontario
Personal injury accidents are the leading cause of workers’ comp claims and can happen anytime, anywhere. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 31 million people are injured across the United States every year.
Some of the cases our Ontario injury lawyers handle include:
- Workplace accidents
- Premises liability cases
- Construction accidents
- Product liability cases
- Catastrophic injury
- Slip and fall accidents
- Battery explosions
- Dog Bite
- Wrongful death
- Sexual abuse
- Sexual assault
- Swimming pool accidents
Personal Injury Lawsuit Timeline: What to Expect
The timeline of your Ontario personal injury lawsuit will vary based on several factors, some of which you and your lawyer can control. However, other factors are controlled by the insurance company, making it difficult to predict the exact timeline. However, meeting with a knowledgeable Ontario injury lawyer can give you a better idea of your case’s general timeline.
Here are a few things to keep in mind regarding the timeline and statute of limitations of a personal injury lawsuit in California:
- There is a two-year statute of limitations for personal injury cases in California.
- Once the lawsuit is filed, the defendant will be served within 30-60 days and have 3-45 days to file a response (so, prepare for about three months of waiting before the lawsuit will get underway).
- Personal injury claims often go to mediation. This can take nine to 19 months after your accident, on average.
An injury victim deserves all the help they can get. Our legal team is dedicated to ensuring you receive compensation for medical bills, punitive damages, and more.
What Do You Do After an Accident in Ontario?
Accidents happen all the time in Ontario; it’s what you do afterward that counts. Life comes at you fast. Sometimes, more quickly than you ever imagined. The decisions you make in the immediate aftermath of your accident, and months after your accident will have an everlasting effect on your daily life. If you were injured in a car accident, truck accident, experienced medical malpractice, or any other type of accident in Ontario, take the following steps into consideration:
You need to:
- Seek medical attention
- Call the police and file a report
- Exchange information with the other driver(s)
- Insurance policy
- Name, address, phone number
- Information about the vehicle they were driving
- Talk to any witnesses
- Contact an Ontario personal injury attorney from Wilshire Law Firm
How Do I Choose a Personal Injury Lawyer?
As you may have already realized, you will have many different options when it comes to selecting an Ontario personal injury lawyer.
To ensure you are working with someone who understands the complex legal system and is committed to the outcome of your case and your well-being, consider the following questions before hiring a lawyer:
- Do they have any peer reviews?
- How many of their cases are referrals from other lawyers and clients?
- When do they charge a fee? Only if there is a recovery, or no matter what?
- How long have they been handling personal injury cases?
- In what case types do they specialize?
- What is their background?
- Are they certified?
Asking these questions will give you a better idea of what to expect with your legal representation. When in doubt, follow your gut and go with an attorney you trust. An expert Ontario personal injury attorney should not only be willing and open to discussing your case with you but will go above and beyond to make you a top priority.
Here are some additional tips to help you choose the best Ontario personal injury lawyer for your case:
- Ask friends, family, and colleagues for a recommendation
- Do your due diligence and research online before meeting with an Ontario accident lawyer
- Always discuss fees before signing an agreement to ensure you are on the same page
- Find out the lawyer’s background and training
- Ask how they will communicate and handle your case
- Listen to your gut!
Let an Ontario Personal Injury Lawyers Review Your Case
When it comes to protecting California’s most vulnerable communities against powerful, big business insurance bullies, no case will go overlooked! Wilshire Law Firm is the best-rated personal injury law firm in Ontario for one reason: we treat our clients like family. Our bilingual team is the best in California at winning fair and just case resolutions for our clients.
Some recent verdicts:
- $17,120,000-Verdict for an 85-year-old man who had his right leg amputated after being struck by a Southland Transit Inc. bus. The jury was convinced to award punitive damages on top of other damages
- $3,000,000-Settlement for a motorcyclist who sustained neck and back injuries after being hit by a negligent driver at an intersection
- $1,500,000-Settlement for a client who was initially offered a $10,000 settlement by the insurance company. We negotiated a $1,500,000 settlement for him-an astronomical 14,900% improvement
We understand this may be a challenging time for you and your family, but we are here to help.
There is no personal injury law firm in Ontario that is more:
Call Wilshire Law Firm today at (800) 522 7274 and speak to someone within seconds.