San Jose is home to more than 1 million people and is the third most populous city in California. People are drawn here by the growing tech industry and an idyllic climate. But accidents, whether on the road, a sidewalk, or in public spaces, can bring life to an abrupt and often devastating halt.
The dedicated team of San Jose personal injury lawyers at Wilshire Law Firm understands the profound impact these moments can have on individuals and their loved ones.
At Wilshire Law Firm, we don’t just see cases; we see people facing some of the most challenging times in their lives. Don’t wait or try to handle an insurance claim on your own. Call a personal injury attorney at Wilshire Law Firm today at (415) 704-9912, or fill out our online contact form.
Table of contents
- Why Choose Wilshire Law Firm for Your San Jose Personal Injury Claim?
- Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle at Wilshire Law Firm
- San Jose Personal Injury Statistics
- How Can the San Jose Personal Injury Attorneys at Wilshire Law Firm Help Me?
- Most Common Types of Accidents and Injuries We See in San Jose
- What to Do After an Accident in San Jose
- What Compensation Can I Expect for a San Jose Personal Injury Claim?
- Contact San Jose Personal Injury Attorneys at Wilshire Law Firm
- Our San Jose Location
Why Choose Wilshire Law Firm for Your San Jose Personal Injury Claim?
From car accidents that occur in the blink of an eye to slip and fall incidents that catch us off guard, and pedestrian accidents that change lives forever, we recognize the physical, financial, and emotional burdens you’re facing. Our mission is to provide compassionate and experienced legal guidance to those navigating the aftermath of injury, wrongful death, and loss.
If you have been the victim of a car accident, or have incurred injuries due to someone else’s negligence, hire the San Jose personal injury attorneys at Wilshire Law Firm. Once we begin an attorney-client relationship, we treat accident victims like one of our own.
Don’t go it alone.
Trying to file a personal injury lawsuit on your own is a colossal mistake. Accepting the settlement offer from the responsible party’s insurance company is also a mistake.
You need a personal injury attorney on your side to help you negotiate for the highest possible settlement to which you may be entitled. Contact us today for a free, no-obligation legal consultation. This is a decision that will affect you and your family’s future – so don’t wait another minute.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle at Wilshire Law Firm
At Wilshire Law Firm, we handle every personal injury claim in the book. With over a decade of serving clients with our knowledge of personal injury law, we have a proven track record and several awards and accolades to show for it.
Some of the most common types of personal injury claims we have handled include:
- Car Accidents/Auto Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Train Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Wrongful Deaths
Any of the accidents listed can lead to catastrophic injury, wrongful death, emotional pain, and tremendous economic losses. Speaking to an attorney at one of the foremost San Jose personal injury law firms can help you recover some of those losses, whether monetary or nonmonetary.
San Jose Personal Injury Statistics
Located in Santa Clara County, San Jose is home to over 1 million people. Once known as the capital of California, it is the third-most populous city in the state. Additionally, it is the cultural, financial, and political center of Silicon Valley.
As the center of Silicon Valley, San Jose is home to the most millionaires and billionaires in the U.S. per capita and leading tech companies, including eBay, Adobe Inc., Paypal, Samsung, Acer, Zoom, and many others.
With the most expensive average home price in the country, San Jose is truly one of the world’s most affluent economic epicenters. Despite its affluence and high cost of living, San Jose’s population continues to grow each year.
While various accidents occur in San Jose, car accidents and other motor vehicle accidents are the most common. A car accident can cause a wide range of injuries, from minor bruises to wrongful death.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), California saw 4,285 total driving fatalities in the most recent reporting year, an 8 percent increase from the previous year. In San Jose, cars, trucks, and other motor vehicles are the primary method of transportation, due to the convenience and interconnectedness of the streets, roads, and highways.
With 76 percent of San Jose inhabitants relying on cars for transportation and a perfect environment for recreational cycling, many different kinds of accidents are commonplace in San Jose.
NHTSA reported the most traffic accident fatalities among passenger vehicle occupants at 2,344. Motorcyclist fatalities accounted for 565 deaths, there were 1,108 pedestrian fatalities, and 125 bicycle and other cyclist fatalities.
How Can the San Jose Personal Injury Attorneys at Wilshire Law Firm Help Me?
An experienced personal injury attorney in San Jose will demand what is lawfully yours. Your lawyer is your advocate. This is especially true in the case of insurance companies that put their bottom line ahead of making you whole.
For example, an insurance company adjuster may try the following tactics to get you to settle for less:
- Call you or try to contact you repeatedly
- Tell you lies about the value of your personal injury case
- Offer you a low settlement – which you should NOT accept!
- Get you to admit fault
- Downplay your injuries
- Discuss the details of your personal injury claim or otherwise confidential information
- Twist the story of your accident
Many insurance companies will attempt to contact injury victims immediately after an accident. They try to do this before you have a chance to speak with an attorney. Accordingly, call the San Jose personal injury attorneys at Wilshire Law Firm as soon as possible.
If an insurance representative tries to call you before you have a chance to speak with an attorney, ignore the call. San Jose personal injury lawyers will handle the insurance companies for you. We are skilled negotiators with a proven track record of success. Let us take the burden off your shoulders.
Most Common Types of Accidents and Injuries We See in San Jose
A personal injury case is a legal claim that arises when someone suffers from an accident or injury, and someone else is responsible, or liable, for the damage caused. The liable party can be found accountable, or even negligent, with the help of a personal injury lawyer. Since 2007, Wilshire Law Firm has handled thousands of claims on behalf of injury victims in California.
Some of the cases we handle include:
Most Common Accidents
- Car Accidents: With the bustling traffic in San Jose, car accidents are unfortunately common. They can result in a range of injuries, from minor to severe. In the worst cases, car crashes can also result in wrongful death.
- Truck Accidents: A crash involving a commercial vehicle like an 18-wheeler is especially complicated. Experienced accident attorneys are familiar with the many rules and regulations that govern the trucking industry.
- Slip and Fall Incidents: Whether on public sidewalks, in stores, or on private property, slip and fall accidents can lead to injuries such as fractures, sprains, and head trauma.
- Pedestrian Accidents: Given the city’s pedestrian-friendly environment, accidents involving pedestrians can lead to serious injuries. Crosswalk accidents and collisions with vehicles are common.
- Bicycle Accidents: With a significant number of cyclists in the area, accidents involving bicycles and vehicles can result in injuries ranging from minor cuts to severe head injuries.
- Workplace Injuries: San Jose’s diverse economy includes various industries, and workplace injuries are unfortunately prevalent. These may include construction accidents, repetitive strain injuries, or falls at work.
- Dog Bites: Pets are a common part of households, and dog bites can lead to significant injuries, both physically and emotionally.
- Product Liability Cases: Defective products can cause harm, and personal injury firms may handle cases where individuals are injured due to faulty products.
Personal injury attorneys in San Jose are ready to discuss cases that relate to bodily injury. A doctor or medical specialist will diagnose any injuries when you seek medical assistance after an incident, such as a motor vehicle accident.
It is very important to seek medical attention as soon as possible after an accident. Even if you don’t think you’ve been badly injured, or believe you only have minor injuries, some severe injuries are not immediately visible. For example, you could have a traumatic brain injury (TBI) or internal injuries.
Most Common Accident Injuries
- Back injury
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), Head Injury
- Broken Bones
- Burn Injury
- Dog Bites, Animal Attacks
- Laceration Injury
- Neck Injury
- Orthopedic Injury
- Paraplegia/Quadriplegia Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Whiplash Injury
- Wrongful Death
If you do not see your injury on this list, give us a call at(415) 704-9912, and our experienced San Jose personal injury lawyers will determine if we can help you build a case. We encourage you to contact us and seek legal advice from our personal injury professionals. You will never know if you’re entitled to financial compensation if you don’t call.
What to Do After an Accident in San Jose
After an accident, adrenaline and stress levels are usually running high. It could be easy to feel disorientation and helplessness if someone else’s negligence caused the accident.
While you may not have been in control of the situation, you are in control of the steps taken following the accident. The steps you take afterward will have a direct impact on your future.
Following an accident, our personal injury lawyers at Wilshire Law Firm recommends you do these things:
- Don’t panic.
- Check yourself and anyone around you for injuries.
- Call 9-1-1 or other emergency services.
- Take photos of the accident and request a copy of the police report, if possible.
- Don’t admit fault. Ever.
- Seek medical attention.
- Hire a personal injury attorney at Wilshire Law Firm.
We are here to help you reclaim any legal compensatory damages and guide you to justice so that you and your family can focus on your recovery. Our primary focus is and always will be our attorney-client relationship.
Selecting us as your personal injury attorneys following an accident. This decision will improve your entire future.
What Compensation Can I Expect for a San Jose Personal Injury Claim?
Catastrophic injuries that result in a personal injury lawsuit are often the result of avoidable accidents. If another party contributed to the events that caused you or a loved one’s injuries or resulted in the wrongful death of someone you care about, a San Jose personal injury lawyer at Wilshire Law Firm can establish liability and secure maximum compensation for your expenses and losses.
The compensation available for personal injuries includes:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages and benefits
- Loss of earning capacity
- Emotional Distress
- Pain and Suffering
- Loss of Consortium
- Punitive Damages
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life
Compensation for Wrongful Death Cases
In California, compensation is available for a wrongful death claim, typically filed by the surviving spouse, domestic partner, children, or other eligible family members.
Types of compensation in a wrongful death claim may include:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of financial support
- Loss of companionship
- Medical and related expenses
- Punitive damages
Filing a wrongful death claim is a complex process, and seeking legal guidance from professionals, like those at Wilshire Law Firm, can help navigate the legal complexities with compassion and expertise.
A personal injury attorney in San Jose can alleviate some of the stress of suing whoever was responsible for your injuries. No one should have to face this situation alone or without the help of leading professionals. The experienced legal team at Wilshire Law Firm will fight for full and fair compensation for your losses.
Contact San Jose Personal Injury Attorneys at Wilshire Law Firm
We protect and represent California’s most vulnerable groups from annoying insurance companies and big businesses. You can trust that we will put your needs first. There is a reason we are the top-rated San Jose personal injury law firm.
Wilshire Law Firm has achieved a remarkable track record, securing well over $1 billion in compensation for our clients. You can visit our Settlements and Verdicts page for a list of our most recent successes.
With a robust team of over 500 legal professionals, Wilshire Law Firm is redefining standards in legal services. Choosing our firm is a proactive assertion of your rights, ensuring you have a dedicated and accomplished team on your side.
Don’t face the aftermath of an accident alone – let Wilshire Law Firm be your ally in reclaiming your future. Contact us today for a compassionate and expert approach to your personal injury or wrongful death claim.
Call now to discuss your personal injury accident claim with a qualified lawyer. Our representatives are available 24/7, 365, at (415) 704-9912 or fill out our online contact form. Our team is bilingual, se habla español!
Our San Jose Location
Wilshire Law Firm
4340 Stevens Creek Blvd UNIT 287
San Jose, CA 95129
Tel: (408) 560-4642
Open Mon – Sun
Available 24 Hours
by Appointment Only