From the vibrant Old Towne Orange district to the well-traveled roads near The Outlets at Orange, at Wilshire Law Firm, we recognize that pedestrians in these areas may be at an increased risk of being struck by motor vehicles.
Whether navigating the pedestrian-friendly streets of Old Towne or crossing major thoroughfares like Chapman Avenue or Katella Avenue, the potential for accidents is a reality that demands experienced legal representation.
If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a pedestrian accident, contact an Orange pedestrian accident attorney from Wilshire Law Firm. Our dedicated team is committed to advocating for the rights of victims and ensuring they receive the justice and compensation they deserve after a traumatic incident.
Orange Pedestrian Accident Guide
- Why Choose Wilshire Law Firm for My Orange Pedestrian Accident Claim?
- How Common are Pedestrian Accidents in California?
- Do I Have a Pedestrian Accident Claim?
- What Damages Are Available for Pedestrian Accident Victims?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I’ve Suffered Injuries in a Pedestrian Accident?
- What Makes Wilshire Law Firm the Best Choice to Handle My Pedestrian Accident Claim?
- Contact the Orange Pedestrian Accident Attorneys at Wilshire Law Firm Today
Why Choose Wilshire Law Firm for My Orange Pedestrian Accident Claim?
The experienced team of pedestrian accident lawyers at Wilshire Law Firm has a deep understanding of California’s laws pertaining to accidents, and we have a successful track record of securing over $1 billion in settlements and verdicts for our clients. Our firm distinguishes itself by offering compassionate and personalized support to victims, recognizing the unique challenges they face in the aftermath of an accident.
At Wilshire Law Firm, we prioritize your well-being, and our commitment is underscored by our contingency fee structure, ensuring you only pay legal fees when we successfully recover compensation for your claim. Our thorough investigation process, access to a network of experts, and resourceful legal representation empower us to build compelling cases on your behalf. Contact us today for your free consultation and to discuss how we can help with your pedestrian accident case.
How Common are Pedestrian Accidents in California?
California is the most populous state in the nation, so it should come as little surprise that the state has the largest number of pedestrian deaths. Last year, 504 pedestrians were struck and killed by motor vehicles, according to the Governor’s Highway Safety Association—a 70% increase since 2010. The state’s pedestrian fatality rate was 1.29 deaths per 100,000 people, higher than the national rate of 1.04. Experts say the increase is due to the increase in vehicles on the road.
Do I Have a Pedestrian Accident Claim?
To have a successful pedestrian accident claim based on negligence, the plaintiff typically needs to establish the four essential elements of negligence, which are fundamental components in proving that the defendant is legally responsible for the injuries sustained by the pedestrian.
The four elements of negligence are:
- Duty of Care: The plaintiff must show that the defendant owed a duty of care to exercise reasonable caution and prevent harm. All individuals operating vehicles or engaging in activities that could foreseeably injure pedestrians owe this duty.
- Breach of Duty: It must be demonstrated that the defendant breached the duty of care owed to the pedestrian. This involves showing that the defendant’s actions (or inactions) deviated from the level of care expected under the circumstances. For example, a breach could occur if a driver fails to yield at a crosswalk or violates traffic laws.
- Causation: There must be a direct link between the defendant’s breach of duty and the injuries suffered by the pedestrian. The plaintiff needs to establish that the defendant’s actions were a substantial factor in causing the accident and subsequent harm to the pedestrian.
- Damages: The plaintiff must have suffered actual damages as a result of the defendant’s breach of duty. Damages may include medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost income, and other quantifiable losses.
What Damages Are Available for Pedestrian Accident Victims?
In a pedestrian accident claim, victims may be entitled to various types of damages to compensate for the losses they have incurred due to the incident. The available damages can be broadly categorized into economic and non-economic damages.
Here are common types of damages that may be pursued in a California pedestrian accident claim:
- Medical Expenses: Victims can seek compensation for all reasonable and necessary medical expenses resulting from the pedestrian accident. This may include hospital bills, surgeries, medication, rehabilitation, and other medical treatments.
- Lost Earnings: If the pedestrian is unable to work due to injuries sustained in the accident, they may be entitled to compensation for lost wages. This includes both current and future income losses.
- Pain and Suffering: Non-economic damages, such as physical pain, emotional distress, and a diminished quality of life, may be awarded to compensate for the intangible hardships experienced by the victim.
- Property Damage: Compensation may be sought for the repair or replacement of personal property damaged in the accident, such as clothing, electronic devices, or other belongings.
- Disability and Disfigurement: If the pedestrian sustains long-term disabilities or disfigurement as a result of the accident, they may be entitled to compensation for the lasting impact on their life.
- Loss of Consortium: Spouses or family members may be able to seek compensation for the loss of companionship, support, and services resulting from the injuries suffered by the pedestrian.
- Wrongful Death Damages: In the tragic event of a pedestrian fatality, surviving family members may pursue wrongful death damages, including funeral and burial expenses, loss of financial support, and compensation for the emotional toll of the loss.
Each pedestrian accident case is unique, and the specific damages recoverable will depend on the individual circumstances of the incident. An experienced personal injury attorney can assess the full extent of damages applicable to your case and pursue the compensation you deserve.
Do I Need a Lawyer if I’ve Suffered Injuries in a Pedestrian Accident?
If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a pedestrian accident, hiring a lawyer to handle your pedestrian accident claim can significantly improve your chances of obtaining maximum compensation for your medical bills and other losses.
A lawyer can:
- Navigate the legal system efficiently and effectively on your behalf.
- Investigate the circumstances surrounding your pedestrian accident, including gathering evidence such as witness statements, accident reports, surveillance footage, and expert opinions to build a strong case.
- Determine liability by assessing the actions of all parties involved, including drivers, pedestrians, and potentially other third parties.
- Handle all communications with insurance adjusters, negotiate on your behalf, and work to secure a fair and comprehensive settlement that adequately covers your damages.
- Assess the full extent of your damages, including medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
- If a fair settlement cannot be reached through negotiations, a lawyer can file a lawsuit and represent you in court.
- Ensure your claim is filed within the applicable deadline, preventing your right to seek compensation from expiring.
By enlisting the services of an experienced Orange pedestrian accident lawyer, you can focus on your recovery while knowing that your legal rights are being protected and the details of your case are being handled.
What Makes Wilshire Law Firm the Best Choice to Handle My Pedestrian Accident Claim?
Here are some reasons why Wilshire Law Firm stands out as the preferred choice for those seeking representation in pedestrian accident cases:
Wilshire Law Firm’s team of experienced pedestrian accident lawyers have a deep understanding of the complexities associated with these cases. Our legal professionals are well-versed in California pedestrian laws and are committed to leveraging their experience to secure the best possible outcomes for our clients.
Compassionate Client-Centric Approach
We prioritize the well-being of our clients, offering a compassionate and client-centric approach. We understand the physical, emotional, and financial toll that pedestrian accidents can take, and our team is dedicated to providing personalized attention and support throughout the legal process.
Successful Track Record
Wilshire Law Firm has a history of securing substantial settlements and verdicts for accident victims. Our proven track record reflects our ability to navigate the legal complexities, hold negligent parties accountable, and ensure our clients receive the compensation they deserve.
Pedestrian accidents often require a meticulous investigation to establish liability and build a strong case. Wilshire Law Firm has access to a network of experts, accident reconstruction specialists, and investigators who can contribute to a comprehensive and compelling case on your behalf.
Resourceful Legal Representation
Our firm is equipped with the resources necessary to pursue your pedestrian accident claim effectively. From negotiating with insurance companies to litigating in court, we have the capability to handle all aspects of your case with skill and diligence.
No Fees Unless We Win
Our personal injury lawyers operate on a contingency fee basis, meaning you don’t pay any legal fees unless we successfully recover compensation for your pedestrian accident claim. This commitment underscores our dedication to providing accessible and results-driven legal representation.
Contact the Orange Pedestrian Accident Attorneys at Wilshire Law Firm Today
If you or a loved one has been involved in a pedestrian accident in Orange, California, Wilshire Law Firm is here to guide you through the legal process, advocate for your rights, and work tirelessly to secure the compensation you deserve. Contact us today at (714) 386-1747 or fill out our online form for your free consultation and take the first step toward obtaining justice and financial recovery. Reach out to an Orange personal injury lawyer.
Our Orange Office Location
Wilshire Law Firm
1940 W. Orangewood #110 Office 7
Orange, CA 92868
Tel: (714) 386-1747
Open Mon – Sun
Available 24 Hours
by Appointment Only