If you or someone you love has suffered severe injuries in an accident due to another party’s negligence or carelessness, the award-winning team of 300+ legal professionals at Wilshire Law Firm is here to hold them responsible. Our catastrophic injury lawyers have the talent, resources, and experience you need to get the care and compensation you deserve.
You have suffered enough—call (800) 501-3011 today or fill out our online contact form to get started with your FREE case consultation.
What is Considered a Catastrophic Injury?
Catastrophic Injuries are injuries that severely (often permanently) affect a victim’s bodily functions and health. Returning to work can be out of the question for survivors, with they and their families suffering a significant decline in well-being and quality of life. Most catastrophic injuries will fall into 1 of 3 different categories:
- Serious Injuries to the Head, Neck, or Back—Spinal Cord Injuries, Paralysis (Paraplegia, Hemiplegia, Quadriplegia), Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI), Skull Fractures, and Whiplash
- External injuries—Disfigurement from Amputations or Burn Injuries, Road Rash, and Scars
- Internal injuries—Internal Bleeding, Broken Bones, Nerve Damage, Loss of Eyesight, and Hearing Loss
Regardless of the injuries involved, catastrophic injury victims are frequently left fighting for their lives. A lifetime of ongoing medical and rehabilitative care may be required, creating an emotionally damaging and financially devastating situation for survivors and their families. To protect their future and secure full and fair compensation for their injuries, victims should consult with the Los Angeles catastrophic injury attorneys at Wilshire Law Firm.
What Are Common Causes of Catastrophic Injuries?
Catastrophic injuries frequently occur abruptly and without warning. Often the result of another party’s negligence or recklessness, the common causes of catastrophic injuries are:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents (Including Car Accidents)
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Boat Accidents
- Train Accidents
- Rideshare Accidents
- Workplace Accidents
- Amusement Park Accident
- Commercial Vehicle Accident
- Cruise Ship Accident
- Premises Liability (Including Slip and Fall Accidents)
- Dangerous or Defective Products
- Battery Explosions
Catastrophic injury victims each have unique stories—Wilshire Law Firm wants to tell yours. Our LA catastrophic injury lawyers have a proven track record of getting victims the compensation they are entitled to.
Who Can Be Found Liable for Catastrophic Injuries?
As a result of California’s comparative negligence laws and statutes, several parties may share responsibility when reckless or negligent actions lead to catastrophic injuries. It’s important to have a catastrophic injury law firm conduct a thorough investigation of your case – without one, all the individuals or entities who contributed to the injuries may not be held responsible for their actions.
- Drivers — Because catastrophic injuries commonly occur during motor vehicle crashes, the other driver (or drivers) involved may be negligent.
- Vehicle Owners — Think twice before letting your friend borrow your car. As the vehicle’s owner, if your friend gets into an accident, you may still be found liable in a catastrophic injury case.
- Employers — If a victim is injured by an employee who was on-the-clock, their employer may have contributed to the circumstances leading to the catastrophic injuries.
- Landowner or Tenant — Premises liability and slip and fall claims often arise from the negligent actions of businesses, homeowners, and renters.
- Manufacturers — Any company responsible for the manufacturing, transportation, and retailing of a defective product that causes catastrophic injuries may ultimately be found responsible.
If you or someone you love has been catastrophically injured, you’ve suffered enough—get the care you need and the compensation you deserve with Wilshire Law Firm’s catastrophic injury lawyers.
What Is the Cost of a Catastrophic Injury?
Following a catastrophic accident, a life care plan that lists a victim’s current and future medical needs and costs is developed. The specific needs of the injured victim are laid out, along with descriptions of the services, support, equipment, and cost of care resulting from the survivor’s injuries.
The costs of catastrophic injuries, which are covered in a life care plan, are as follows:
- Present and Future Medical Care
- Present and Future Mental Health Services
- Home Healthcare Expenses
- Home Modifications such as Wheelchair Accessibility
- Transportation Expenses such as a Handicap-Accessible Van
- Medical Equipment such as a Wheelchair
- Other Special Aid, Devices, and/or Accommodations
With their own life care plan, catastrophic injury victims can accurately assess the value of their claim and rebuild their quality of life through the best settlement or award possible. The California catastrophic injury lawyers at Wilshire Law Firm can develop a life care plan and start you on your road to recovery—all it takes is a single call to (855) 924-0987.
What Compensation Is Available to Catastrophic Injury Survivors?
The compensation available to catastrophic injury survivors is likely to be substantial when the injuries are caused by another person or entity’s negligent, reckless, or intentional conduct. Don’t let the insurance company undervalue your claim! Depending on the facts of your case, the following compensation may be available to you:
- Specific Damages—Past and future medical care, past and future wage losses, necessary repairs, renovations, replacements, and home or vehicle modifications.
- General Damages—Physical pain and suffering, emotional distress, permanent disability or disfigurement, and loss of consortium.
In order to demonstrate the liability of the defendant(s) and prove their negligence, you and your Los Angeles catastrophic injury attorney must show the court that:
- The defendant owed you a legal duty of care.
- The defendant breached that duty of care.
- You suffered harm as a result of the defendant’s conduct.
If you’re trying to recover following a catastrophic accident, Wilshire Law Firm’s service will make all the difference. While you focus on healing, we will get you and your family the justice you deserve. Change your life with one call! For your FREE case consultation, contact us today by dialing (855) 924-0987.
How Can a Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Help?
Just like you need top-notch medical care following a severe or debilitating injury, you need a first-class legal team to take on the challenges of your case. The award-winning attorneys at Wilshire Law Firm handle the complex personal injury cases that other lawyers can’t. Our outstanding team of more than 100 legal professionals will conduct a thorough investigation of your case, arrange access and transportation to medical care, and handle all insurance-related paperwork and negotiations.
You focus on healing, we take care of the rest—that’s Wilshire Law Firm. Change your life in 1 phone call! Call (800) 501-3011 NOW, or fill out our online contact form, to get your 100% FREE case consultation!