Motorcycle Accident Lawyers – California
It all happened so quickly. You were enjoying your regular motorcycle ride when suddenly you found yourself lying on the road or in a hospital bed. A motorist wasn’t paying attention and hit you. Now you’re faced with physical pain and disability, exorbitant medical bills, lost wages, and other life-impacting damages.
Like most motorcycle accident victims, you probably have a lot of questions:
- How do I pursue compensation for my damages?
- How do I hold the at-fault party or parties liable?
- How much is it going to cost to get professional legal help?
At Wilshire Law Firm, we have recovered OVER 100 MILLION DOLLARS for our clients. Our attorneys are effective negotiators and aggressive trial lawyers who never settle for less. To get clients maximum recovery, we explore every option and fight every necessary battle. Additionally, our firm operates on a contingency fee basis, meaning you don’t pay us when we sign you as a client, but when we recover money on your behalf. In other words, we charge no upfront fees.
There is literally zero risk to consulting with us, so why delay? Call us today at (800) 522-7274 to receive a FREE consultation.
What Are the Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents?
Motorcyclists are popularly depicted in film and television as reckless riders with a death wish, but this could not be further from the truth. It’s actually the drivers of passenger vehicles who cause the majority of car-motorcycle collisions, not motorcyclists. The common acts of negligence which contribute to motorcycle accidents include the following:
- Failing to come to a complete stop before turning right on red in violation.
- Running a red light or stop sign without seeing the approaching motorcycle.
- Driving while distracted, perhaps by passengers or phone use.
- Failing to yield right-of-way to the motorcycle, particularly during lane changes.
- Exceeding the legal speed limit on the street and, therefore, unable to avoid a collision.
- Failing to check blind spots for motorcyclists before changing lanes.
An attorney can help determine cause as well as liability by conducting an investigation of the crash site and working with accident reconstruction specialists, medical experts, and other relevant professionals to piece together exactly how the incident went down.
Take Action ASAP
In California, cases arising from a motorcycle accident, and most other accident cases, must be filed within two years of the date of the accident. If the liable party is a public entity, such as a city or school district, then a claim must be filed with the appropriate government entity within six months of the incident. If you fail to meet the deadline for your claim, you may get barred from pursuing compensation completely. Don’t risk losing out on your rightful recovery – contact an attorney as soon as possible.
Motorcycle Accident Menu
- Motorcycle Accident FAQ
- Motorcycle Attorneys: What You Need to Know
- Drug Related Motorcycle Accident
- Alcohol Related Motorcycle Accident
- Motorcycle Rear End Accident
- Reckless Driving Motorcycle Accident
- Motorcycle Accident Involving Uninsured Motorist
- Unsafe Left Turn Motorcycle Accident
- Hit and Run Motorcycle Accident
Get Legal Advice Now
Due to the aforementioned stereotype of the reckless rider, the odds are always stacked against the motorcyclist in accident cases. The dedicated attorneys at Wilshire Law Firm are here to help even those odds. If you would like to discuss your case with one of our dedicated legal team members, call our offices or submit an online contact form. Our legal staff is on standby, ready to assist you.