Los Angeles, CA (March 13, 2023) – A hit-and-run crash took place in the Mid City area of Los Angeles that sent an unknown number of victims to area hospitals with injuries on Sunday afternoon.
At 1:00 p.m. on March 12, the Los Angeles Police Department, Los Angeles County Fire Department, and emergency medical services were all requested to the scene of an automobile accident on South Fairfax Avenue.
Investigations into the collision indicate that a crash between vehicles occurred on the roadway near Electric Drive. At least one of the vehicles involved in the accident fled the scene.
Injuries were confirmed as a result of the accident. Paramedics responded to treat multiple victims while at the scene. At least one person was then transported to a local hospital for further medical care.
The crash remains under investigation by LAPD at this time.
Car Accidents in California
The aftermath of a car accident can be incredibly confusing. Unfortunately, tens of thousands of people across California are forced to deal with these overwhelming consequences every year. In many cases, people are seriously hurt in automobile accidents that are caused by careless and reckless drivers. Some of the leading causes of motor vehicle accidents that occur in our states roadways include:
- Drivers who are intoxicated by alcohol while driving on our roads.
- Drivers who are under the influence of drugs in other intoxicants.
- Drivers who operate their vehicles while too tired.
- Drivers who are texting on their phones or are distracted by other means.
- Drivers who are traveling too fast for road conditions.
- Drivers who pass traffic control devices at intersections.
- Drivers who tailgate other vehicles.
When motorists fail to operate their vehicles in a manner that is safe and respectful for others, they can cause severe harm to innocent people nearby. Unfortunately, see countless people in our state left with severe injuries that impact their health and well-being. Some common injuries reported following California car crashes include:
- Internal organ injuries that require immediate care.
- Spinal cord injuries that result in paralysis.
- Traumatic brain injuries that result in memory model loss in mood problems.
- Severe compound fractures that require surgery.
- Severe cuts and lacerations that result in nerve damage.
Unfortunately, victims often struggle with these and other serious physical injuries in the aftermath of their accidents. Victims often struggle emotionally and mentally too. Fortunately, car crash victims often have legal options available to help them move forward.
At Wilshire Law Firm, we truly understand that the legal process can be overwhelming for those injured in personal injury accidents. That’s why we take a compassionate and comprehensive approach to handling each case with close attention to detail and aggressive advocacy to ensure our clients get their just compensation. With extensive knowledge of all aspects of California personal injury law and decades of experience handling cases for our clients, you can count on us if you need legal representation in your next claim. Give our personal injury lawyers a call today at 800-358-1884 to see how we can help you protect your rights and get justice.