Los Angeles, CA (March 15, 2023) – A crash took place in the Palms neighborhood that sent one person to a local hospital with injuries. On March 14, the Los Angeles Police Department responded to a crash that occurred on Venice Boulevard.
Reports from authorities indicate that a pedestrian was struck by a passing car on Venice Boulevard at the intersection of National Boulevard at approximately 3:30 p.m.
The Los Angeles Police Department and firefighters responded to the scene to provide assistance. Emergency personnel blocked off the road for an extended period as they worked to clear the scene.
The pedestrian was treated on-site by paramedics and provided the injured victim with transportation to a local hospital.
The incident is being investigated.
Pedestrian Accidents in California
Pedestrian accidents leave thousands of victims injured in California each year. There are several reasons why we have seen a dramatic increase in the number of pedestrian accidents taking place across our state. Some of the leading factors include:
- Visibility issues: A significant number of pedestrian crashes occur during the evening hours or when visibility is limited. The combination of poor visibility and an increase in the amount of people operating their vehicles while under the influence can lead to unsafe conditions, especially for pedestrians.
- Failure to signal at intersections: Accidents involving pedestrians are also frequently brought on by drivers of motor vehicles who fail to properly signal turns. Pedestrians who are crossing the street are left without a warning when vehicles fail to use their turn signals, and they run the risk of walking directly into the path of an oncoming vehicle.
- Reckless drivers: Operating a vehicle while traveling at too-high of a speed, while impaired, or while too tired all place the lives of pedestrians at risk.
Unfortunately, any of these negligent actions can lead to serious crashes that leave victims with devastating injuries. Common injuries that pedestrians suffer in accidents include:
- Injuries to the spinal cord, which can potentially result in both death and disability.
- Trauma to the brain, which can result in paralysis and even death.
- Trauma to the internal organs, which can ultimately result in death if emergency care is not rendered.
- Sprains and torn ligaments, which can be incredibly painful to overcome.
- Injuries to the face and hands, including cuts and bruises, and severe abrasions.
If you have suffered injuries in a serious pedestrian accident, there may be legal actions that you can take to help you get justice.
If you or someone you love has been injured due to someone else’s negligence, Wilshire Law Firm offers experienced and caring legal representation that can help. Our renowned law firm is committed to fighting for justice on behalf of the victims we represent and has recovered over $1 billion in verdicts and settlements on their behalf. Contact our California pedestrian accident lawyers now at 800-358-1884 for a free consultation and let us help get your life back where it should be and hold the negligent driver accountable for their actions that have caused you harm.