Experiencing a vehicle accident can be life-changing, leaving you with countless questions and uncertainties.
At Wilshire Law Firm, our Fresno car accident lawyers understand the challenges you’re facing and are here to offer guidance and support. We handle a wide range of personal injury cases, and our team of over 500 legal professionals is committed to helping you during these difficult times with compassion and nearly two decades of experience.
Table of contents
Why Choose Wilshire Law Firm’s Fresno Car Accident Lawyers?
Wilshire Law Firm stands out with its impressive track record of success and client-focused approach.
Since 2007, our skilled team has recovered over $1 billion for our clients, demonstrating our unwavering commitment to justice.
Recently, we recovered a $38.5 million settlement for a rear-end collision accident against an insurance company that refused to compensate our client fairly. Our award-winning attorneys, the Official Personal Injury Partners of the Los Angeles Charges, take on personal injury, employment law, and class action cases.
U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers® named us among the Best Law Firms for four consecutive years. With us, you’ll never have to question whether you’re receiving top-tier legal representation.
We offer our clients a comfortable and professional environment. Our Fresno office, conveniently located at 1221 North Van Ness Avenue Suite 301, near the Fresno County Public Library, Courthouse Park, and Veterans Memorial Museum, is easily accessible. Whether you’re near our main office or any of our satellite locations, you’re never far from the exceptional legal assistance you need.
Compensation in Fresno Car Accident Case
After a Fresno car accident, you’re probably wondering how you can be fairly compensated.
At Wilshire Law Firm, we go over each aspect of your case with the goal of helping you receive a fair and comprehensive compensation package. Here’s a deeper look at the types of damages available, how they are proven, and our role in securing each for you.
Medical expenses are often a substantial part of personal injury compensation.
These can include:
- Emergency Care: Immediate medical treatment post-accident.
- Ongoing Treatments: Follow-up visits, physical therapy, and rehabilitation.
- Future Medical Needs: Anticipated medical care, especially in cases of long-term or permanent injuries.
We collect and present detailed medical records, bills, and expert testimony to establish the extent and cost of your treatment. Our team works to ensure these expenses are fully accounted for in your compensation.
When injuries prevent you from working, the financial impact can be felt quickly.
Compensation for lost income includes:
- Immediate Income Loss: Wages lost due to the initial recovery period.
- Long-term Earning Capacity: Impact on your ability to earn in the future, especially in cases of permanent disability.
We gather employment records, salary details, and expert opinions on future earning capacity to prove and recover these damages. Our objective is to recover the full extent of your lost income, both present and future.
Pain and Suffering
Pain and suffering are non-economic damages, meaning they are often harder to quantify but equally important.
Pain and suffering damages account for:
- Physical Pain: The immediate and ongoing physical discomfort caused by your injuries.
- Emotional and Mental Trauma: Psychological impacts such as stress, anxiety, and depression.
Documenting pain and suffering requires a very specific approach. We rely on medical records, psychological evaluations, and personal testimony to show the depth of your suffering. Our goal is to secure a compensation amount that acknowledges these less tangible yet very real impacts.
If your personal property was damaged in the incident, such as your vehicle in an auto accident, you are entitled to compensation for repairs or replacement. We help collect estimates for repair replacement costs and assess any depreciation in value to ensure you are fairly compensated for property damage.
In cases where the defendant’s conduct was particularly egregious, punitive damages may punish the wrongdoer and deter future misconduct.
Demonstrating the need for punitive damages requires showing clear evidence of the defendant’s malicious or extremely reckless behavior. Our team uncovers and presents such evidence, advocating for justice beyond compensatory damages.
Our Role in Your Recovery
At Wilshire Law Firm, we use a tried and true approach to uncover all potential areas of compensation. Our extensive experience and resources enable us to effectively gather evidence, consult with experts, and build a strong case on your behalf. We negotiate with insurance companies and, if necessary, represent your interests in court to ensure you receive the full compensation you deserve. Our commitment is to your recovery, both in health and financial stability, following your car accident in Fresno.
Where Can Accidents Happen in Fresno?
In Fresno, a growing city with more and more activity and traffic, accidents can occur in many different locations, from busy intersections to high-speed freeways.
Understanding the common accident spots in Fresno is helpful for local residents and visitors alike. Here are some specific areas in Fresno where car accidents frequently happen.
Major Freeways and Highways
- State Route 99 (SR 99): This major north-south highway, running through the central part of Fresno, can be a site for high-speed collisions and multi-vehicle accidents.
- State Route 41 (SR 41): Another important local route, especially near the junction with SR 99, is prone to traffic congestion and accidents.
- State Route 180 (SR 180): This east-west freeway, particularly around the areas where it intersects with SR 99 and SR 41, sees a fair share of accidents, often due to heavy traffic during peak hours.
- Shaw and Blackstone Avenues: Known for heavy traffic and frequent stops, this intersection is a hotspot for rear-end collisions and pedestrian accidents.
- Herndon and Cedar Avenues: The combination of high traffic volume and complex traffic patterns makes this intersection a challenging spot, leading to accidents.
- Bullard and West Avenues: This intersection, along with the nearby shopping and dining areas, often witnesses collisions due to the mix of local and through traffic.
Commercial and Retail Areas
- River Park Shopping Area: This shopping and dining complex attracts a lot of traffic, leading to parking lot accidents and pedestrian incidents.
- Fashion Fair Mall Vicinity: The areas around this popular mall, including East Shaw Avenue, are known for traffic congestion and related accidents.
- Tower District: The busy streets in this historic neighborhood, with a mix of residential and commercial activities, see their share of traffic incidents.
- Fig Garden Area: Despite being a more residential neighborhood, the streets here can be prone to accidents, especially during rush hours and school pick-up times.
School Zones and University Areas
- Near California State University, Fresno: The areas surrounding the university, including Shaw Avenue and Cedar Avenue, see a lot of young drivers and heavy traffic during school sessions, leading to increased accident risks.
- School Zones: Areas around local schools, particularly during morning and afternoon rush, are high-risk zones for accidents involving pedestrians and young drivers.
Wilshire Law Firm offers experienced legal support for those involved in car accidents in Fresno, ensuring that victims receive the necessary guidance and representation. Whether you’ve experienced an accident on one of Fresno’s freeways or a collision in a congested shopping area, our team is ready to assist you.
For residents of Fresno or those driving through the city, being aware of these high-risk areas can help you be more vigilant and cautious. However, accidents can still happen, and the next step is knowing where to turn for legal assistance.
Our Focus on Fresno Car Accidents
At Wilshire Law Firm, our focus on car accidents in Fresno is rooted in almost two decades’ worth of understanding of the local traffic patterns, accident trends, and the unique challenges drivers face in the city.
Fresno, with its mix of urban and rural areas, presents a variety of scenarios where car accidents can occur. We’re committed to providing comprehensive legal assistance to those affected by car accidents in Fresno, ensuring they receive the support and compensation they deserve.
Types of Accidents in Fresno
- Rear-End Collisions: Common in heavy traffic areas, especially along major roads like Shaw and Blackstone Avenues, these occur when a vehicle crashes into the one in front of it, often due to sudden stops or reduced attention.
- Intersection Accidents: At busy intersections, such as Herndon and Cedar Avenues, accidents can happen due to failed right-of-way, traffic signal violations, or misjudged turns.
- Freeway Accidents: High-speed accidents on freeways like SR 99 and SR 41 can be more severe, involving multiple vehicles, rollovers, or collisions with barriers.
- Pedestrian and Bicycle Accidents: In areas with higher foot and bicycle traffic, like near California State University, Fresno, or the Tower District, accidents involving pedestrians and cyclists can occur.
- Hit and Run: Unfortunately, Fresno witnesses its share of hit-and-run accidents, where drivers flee the scene after causing an accident.
- DUI Accidents: Incidents involving drivers under the influence of alcohol or drugs are a serious concern in Fresno, particularly during night hours and weekends.
Types of Injuries from Fresno Car Accidents
- Whiplash and Soft Tissue Injuries: Common in rear-end collisions, these injuries affect the muscles, tendons, and ligaments, causing pain and restricted movement.
- Broken Bones: High-impact collisions, particularly in freeway and intersection accidents, can fracture bones.
- Head and Brain Injuries: Traumatic brain injuries, concussions, and other head injuries can occur in accidents, especially in high-speed collisions or when pedestrians are involved.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: These serious injuries can lead to paralysis.
- Cuts and Bruises: These are common in almost all types of accidents and can range from minor to severe.
- Emotional and Psychological Trauma: Beyond physical injuries, car accidents can have a lasting impact on mental health, leading to conditions like PTSD, anxiety, and depression.
At Wilshire Law Firm, our team is skilled in handling the wide range of accidents and injuries that occur in Fresno. We understand the local context deeply and are dedicated to supporting our clients through every step of their recovery journey, both physically and legally.
Our focus is not just on the legal proceedings but also on understanding and addressing the full extent of our clients’ experiences and hardships following a car accident in Fresno.
Fighting the Insurance Companies
Confronting insurance companies after a car accident can be one of the most challenging aspects of your recovery journey. These companies, driven by profit motives, frequently use nefarious tactics to minimize payouts, thereby protecting their bottom line.
Understanding these tactics and knowing how our skilled attorneys at Wilshire Law Firm take on these challenges can help you protect your rights and secure the compensation you deserve.
Common Insurance Company Tactics
- Quick Settlement Offers: Insurance companies often offer a quick settlement to accident victims. These initial offers are typically much lower than what the claim is actually worth. They aim to close the case quickly before the victim fully understands the extent of their injuries or consults with a lawyer.
- Disputing Liability: Insurers may try to dispute liability, arguing that their policyholder was not at fault or that the fault was shared. By shifting blame, they aim to reduce the amount they owe.
- Downplaying Injuries: Insurance adjusters might attempt to downplay the severity of your injuries to reduce the payout. They may claim that the injuries are not as severe as stated or are pre-existing conditions.
- Requesting Unnecessary Information: Sometimes, insurers ask for excessive documentation or information, hoping that the victim will give up on the claim or miss a deadline.
- Surveillance and Social Media Monitoring: In some cases, insurance companies monitor the accident victim’s activities, including their social media profiles, looking for evidence that can contradict the claim of injuries or losses.
- Delaying Tactics: Deliberate delays in processing the claim can put financial pressure on the victim in the hope that they will accept a lower settlement due to urgent financial needs.
How Our Lawyers Counter These Tactics
Our Fresno car accident lawyers counter these insurance company tactics by:
- Assessing Fair Settlement Offers: Our attorneys are experienced in evaluating settlement offers. We ensure that any offer accepted fully covers all your current and future medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages.
- Establishing Liability: We gather and present strong evidence, including accident reports, witness statements, and expert testimony, to firmly establish the liability of the at-fault party.
- Documenting Injuries and Damages: Our team documents the extent of your injuries and damages. This includes medical reports, expert opinions, and a detailed account of the pain and suffering endured.
- Handling All the Paperwork: We manage all communications and paperwork, ensuring that nothing is overlooked and that all responses are timely and appropriate.
- Protecting Your Privacy: We advise our clients on how to manage their social media and public appearances to prevent misinterpretations that could affect their claims.
- Negotiating Assertively: Our attorneys are skilled negotiators who know how to counter delay tactics and pressure insurance companies into fair settlements.
By understanding these tactics and preparing for them, Wilshire Law Firm effectively protects the rights of our clients, ensuring they receive the full compensation they rightfully deserve. Our approach is about fighting for financial recovery and restoring justice and peace of mind to those affected by car accidents.
Call Us After Any Fresno Car Accident
After being involved in an accident, the steps you take are pressing not only for your health but also for the strength of any potential legal claim. At Wilshire Law Firm, we understand the importance of these post-accident actions and are here to guide you through each step so that your case is as strong as possible.
First and foremost, adhere to your treatment plan. Following your doctor’s recommendations to the letter not only aids in your recovery but also provides a documented medical professional’s perspective on the extent of your injuries and the required treatment. This medical evidence is a cornerstone of your claim, as it directly links the accident to your injuries and recovery journey.
Keeping all medical receipts and documentation is equally important. These records provide a clear, quantifiable account of the financial impact of your accident. They include everything from hospital bills and medication costs to expenses for rehabilitation and any necessary medical equipment. By compiling these documents, you build a strong foundation for a claim that accurately reflects your financial losses.
Recording your experiences in a journal offers a detailed account of your day-to-day challenges following the accident. This can include notes on physical pain, emotional and mental health struggles, changes in your daily life, and how your injuries impact your ability to work and enjoy life. Such a personal record can be incredibly powerful in demonstrating the non-economic damages, like pain and suffering, that you endure.
Obtaining a copy of the police report is also necessary. This report provides an official account of the accident, including details about the involved parties, witness statements, and the officer’s observations and conclusions. Our team will help you gather this critical piece of evidence that can help establish the facts of the case and liability.
Bringing all this information to Wilshire Law Firm significantly strengthens your case. Our team of experienced personal injury attorneys and legal professionals will use these detailed records to build a comprehensive and compelling argument for your claim. We understand California personal injury law and are skilled at negotiating with insurance companies and, if necessary, litigating in court.
Choosing Wilshire Law Firm means opting for a team that is dedicated to your cause, offering personalized legal assistance tailored to your specific situation. Our history of securing over $1 billion in favorable outcomes for our clients is a testament to our commitment and experience. We work tirelessly to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve for the hardships you have faced.
After an accident, don’t wait. Contact Wilshire Law Firm today at (559) 396-3826 for your free consultation. Let us take the burden of the legal process off your shoulders so you can focus on what’s most important – your recovery and well-being. Trust us to be your advocate and guide in seeking the justice and compensation you deserve.
Our Fresno Office Location
Wilshire Law Firm
1221 Van Ness Avenue Ste 301
Fresno, CA 93721
Tel: (559) 396-3826