Fresno is ranked as the 25th most walkable large city in the United States, with the most walkable neighborhoods in the city being the Cultural Arts District, Little Italy, and Lowell. However, pedestrian accidents are common occurrences in Fresno, often leading to serious injuries or fatalities.
At Wilshire Law Firm, we recognize the unique challenges faced by pedestrians in such accidents. Our dedicated team of experienced pedestrian accident attorneys in Fresno is committed to advocating for the rights of victims in Fresno, ensuring they receive the justice and compensation they deserve.
Table of contents
- Why Choose Our Fresno Pedestrian Accident Lawyers?
- Pedestrian Accident Compensation
- Where Can Fresno Pedestrian Accidents Occur?
- Our Focus on Fresno Pedestrian Accidents
- Fighting the Insurance Company After a Fresno Pedestrian Accident
- What to Do After a Pedestrian Accident in Fresno
- Our Fresno Office Location
Why Choose Our Fresno Pedestrian Accident Lawyers?
Despite safety measures, pedestrian accidents still happen in Fresno, sometimes resulting in severe injuries or fatalities. Wilshire Law Firm, with our team of 500+ legal professionals, is deeply committed to supporting the victims of such accidents in Fresno. This extensive team allows us to provide specialized attention to each case, ensuring that our clients receive the best possible legal representation.
Our firm’s success is highlighted by the over $1 billion recovered for our clients, a testament to our relentless pursuit of justice and fair compensation. We have also recently recovered a $17.1 million settlement in a pedestrian versus bus accident. These impressive achievements show our ability to handle even the most challenging and complicated pedestrian accident cases, consistently securing favorable outcomes for our clients.
Wilshire Law Firm’s excellence has not gone unnoticed. We were recognized as a Best Law Firm by U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers® for four consecutive years. Such accolades are a reflection of our dedication to legal excellence and client advocacy.
Our Fresno office, located at 1221 North Van Ness Ave Suite 301, Fresno, CA 93704, is strategically located to serve clients throughout the city.
Situated near local landmarks such as the Fresno County Public Library, Courthouse Park, and the Veterans Memorial Museum, our office is not only easily accessible but also sits at the heart of the community we serve. We are proud of our connection to Fresno. We are committed to being a part of and contributing to the community.
At Wilshire Law Firm, we understand the challenges pedestrians face in the aftermath of an accident. We are dedicated to advocating for your rights. We tailor our approach to the unique circumstances of each pedestrian accident, addressing the specific needs and concerns of our clients.
We use a thorough and client-focused strategy, from filing insurance claims to litigating in court when necessary. Our goal is to secure compensation, justice, and a sense of closure for our clients.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a pedestrian accident in Fresno, Wilshire Law Firm is here to help. With our extensive legal resources, experienced team, and proven track record, we are well-equipped to handle your case. Contact our Fresno pedestrian accident lawyers for a consultation, and let us help you get started on the path to justice and compensation.
Pedestrian Accident Compensation
At Wilshire Law Firm, securing comprehensive compensation for victims of pedestrian accidents in Fresno is our top priority. We understand the multifaceted nature of these accidents and the massive impact they can have on victims’ lives.
We have a time-tested approach to recovering compensation for our clients. With over 15 years of experience under our belts, our firm knows how to make sure all potential damages are considered and accurately represented.
Medical expenses often form a large part of the compensation claim, covering all healthcare costs related to the accident. This includes immediate medical treatments such as emergency room visits and hospitalization, as well as ongoing costs like surgeries, medications, and physical therapy.
To prove these expenses, we gather all relevant medical records and bills, along with expert testimonies regarding future medical needs. We document and present this evidence, advocating for full coverage of these expenses.
Lost Wages and Lost Earning Capacity
Lost wages compensation addresses the income lost due to time off work for recovery. We collect detailed employment records and salary details to calculate the total lost income.
In cases where injuries prevent victims from returning to their previous employment, we also seek compensation for lost earning capacity.
This involves an analysis of the victim’s earning potential and the impact of the injuries on future employment prospects. We collaborate with economic experts to ensure that both immediate and long-term financial impacts on your life are adequately compensated.
Pain and Suffering
Compensation for pain and suffering is sought for the physical and emotional distress caused by the accident. Proving this type of damage involves personal testimony, psychological evaluations, and evidence of how your life has changed post-accident. Our legal team works to articulate the extent of suffering you have experienced, emphasizing the impact on your quality of life and advocating for appropriate compensation.
We pursue punitive damages in cases involving a defendant’s particularly egregious actions. This compensation punishes the wrongdoer and deters similar behavior.
Proving entitlement to punitive damages requires demonstrating the defendant’s gross negligence or malicious intent. Our firm presents compelling evidence and arguments to justify these damages, striving to hold the responsible parties accountable.
Property damage compensation covers the repair or replacement of any personal property damaged in the accident, such as clothing, phones, or other personal items. We gather receipts, repair estimates, and valuation reports to prove these damages. Our firm ensures that all property damage, regardless of its size, is accounted for and compensated.
At Wilshire Law Firm, we dedicate ourselves to ensuring that victims of pedestrian accidents in Fresno receive the full compensation they deserve. Our approach goes beyond simply recovering costs; it’s about securing justice and providing a foundation for your recovery and future well-being. Our experienced team knows what to do with these claims, from strategic negotiations to courtroom advocacy if necessary, with the goal of achieving a fair and just outcome for our clients.
Where Can Fresno Pedestrian Accidents Occur?
Pedestrian safety in Fresno has become an increasingly pressing issue, given the city’s recent rate of pedestrian accidents. Understanding the common locations where these accidents occur is helpful for both accident prevention and any potential legal claims.
Here’s an overview of the most dangerous areas for pedestrians in Fresno over the last 10 years:
- Route 99: This highway tops the list with 18 fatalities, making it one of the deadliest roads for pedestrians in Fresno.
- Blackstone Avenue: Recorded 11 fatalities, indicating a high risk for pedestrians.
- Shaw Avenue: Had nine fatalities, further underscoring the dangers faced by pedestrians in this area.
- Cedar Avenue and Clinton Avenue: Each recorded eight and seven fatalities respectively, adding to the list of hazardous roads for pedestrians.
- Shaw Avenue and Valentine Avenue: This intersection witnessed six pedestrian accidents, making it one of the most dangerous intersections for pedestrians.
- 1st Street and Angus Avenue and Ashlan Avenue and Blackstone Avenue: Each of these intersections had five pedestrian accidents.
- 1st Street and Tulare Street, 6th Street and Shaw Avenue, Blackstone Avenue and Saginaw Way, Blackstone Avenue and Shields Avenue, Cedar Avenue and Shaw Avenue, Cedar Ave and Sierra Avenue, Clinton Avenue and Marks Avenue: All these intersections reported four pedestrian accidents each.
Fresno Pedestrian Accident Trends
A study by Smart Growth America ranked Fresno as the 21st most dangerous city in America for pedestrians.
Here is a look at Fresno pedestrian accident trends over the past decade:
- Pedestrian Fatalities: Fresno recorded 235 pedestrian fatalities over a ten-year span.
- Increase in Accidents and Injuries: Despite a decrease in fatal incidents in one recent year, the number of accidents and people injured almost doubled over the previous year.
- Traffic Accidents Involving Pedestrians: In the first half of one recent year, 485 of the state’s reported traffic accidents involved a pedestrian.
- Highway 99 Collisions: In one recent year, the California Highway Patrol responded to at least 12 pedestrian collisions on Highway 99 in Fresno.
Implications for Pedestrian Safety
These statistics and locations highlight significant areas of concern for pedestrian safety in Fresno.
As a law firm deeply committed to advocating for the rights of Fresno accident victims, Wilshire Law Firm understands the importance of these insights in shaping both preventative measures and legal strategies.
We are dedicated to using our extensive knowledge of local accident trends to provide effective legal representation to pedestrians involved in accidents, ensuring they receive the compensation and justice they deserve.
Our Focus on Fresno Pedestrian Accidents
At Wilshire Law Firm, we handle a variety of personal injury accident cases. But in Fresno, pedestrian accidents present some unique circumstances and challenges. Understanding the types of accidents and the injuries they cause is key to our effective legal representation.
Types of Pedestrian Accidents
Some of the types of pedestrian accidents we see are:
- Crosswalk Incidents: Often occur when drivers fail to yield to pedestrians at crosswalks. Causes can include distracted driving, speeding, or not adhering to traffic signals.
- Parking Lot Collisions: These accidents typically happen in busy parking areas where drivers may not notice pedestrians while backing up or maneuvering through the lot.
- Accidents Due to Driver Negligence or Distraction: Incidents caused by drivers who are texting, under the influence, or otherwise not paying attention to the road can lead to serious pedestrian accidents.
- Hit and Run Accidents: Unfortunately, these cases involve drivers fleeing the scene after hitting a pedestrian, adding complexity to the legal pursuit of compensation.
- School Zone Accidents: These accidents occur near schools, where children are at a higher risk due to increased pedestrian activity coupled with the presence of vehicles.
Types of Injuries and Their Repercussions
Pedestrian accidents often lead to severe injuries, given the unprotected nature of the human body versus a large vehicle.
Some of the injuries that can result from pedestrian accidents and their repercussions include:
- Bone Fractures: Ranging from simple breaks to complex fractures that may require surgery and long-term rehabilitation.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs): Can range from mild concussions to severe brain damage, often leading to long-term cognitive and physical impairments.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Can result in partial or complete paralysis, requiring extensive medical treatment and potentially lifelong care.
- Soft Tissue Injuries: Such as sprains and bruises, which, while less severe, can still lead to discomfort and limited mobility.
- Emotional Trauma: Psychological impact, including PTSD, anxiety, and depression, is common after a traumatic pedestrian accident.
How Wilshire Law Firm Handles Each Type of Case
Due to the severity of many pedestrian accidents, Wilshire Law Firm has a tested method in place to handle and resolve these types of claims. We understand that our clients who were injured in pedestrian accidents need compensation to kickstart the process of healing and recovery.
Here is the process we use for pedestrian accident claims, including the $17.1 million recovery we recently secured for our client injured by a bus.
- Thorough Investigation: We start by investigating the accident scene, gathering evidence, and using accident reconstruction experts to establish the cause and liability.
- Medical Collaboration: Collaborating with medical professionals, we make sure that all injuries are properly documented and future medical needs are considered in the compensation claim.
- Tailoring Our Advice: Whether it’s a hit-and-run case or a vehicular accident involving multiple parties, we tailor our legal strategies to suit the specificities of each case.
- Client-Centric Approach: We prioritize understanding the full impact of the accident on our client’s life, including physical, emotional, and financial aspects.
- Negotiation and Litigation: Skilled in negotiations with insurance companies and prepared to litigate in court if necessary, we aim to secure the best possible outcome for our clients.
At Wilshire Law Firm, we are dedicated to providing top-tier legal representation to victims of pedestrian accidents in Fresno. Our approach is comprehensive, compassionate, and tailored to the unique needs and circumstances of each client. It is our mission to make sure you receive the justice and compensation you deserve.
Fighting the Insurance Company After a Fresno Pedestrian Accident
Dealing with insurance companies after a pedestrian accident in Fresno can be a hugely challenging process. These companies often try to minimize their payout, making it absolutely imperative for you to have skilled legal representation. At Wilshire Law Firm, our attorneys have 15 years of experience in countering these tactics, ensuring that our clients receive the compensation they rightfully deserve.
Here are a few of the ways we’ve seen insurance companies try to minimize their payouts over the years:
Insurers often attempt to shift blame onto the pedestrian, suggesting negligence on their part, like jaywalking or distraction. In response, we gather concrete evidence, including surveillance footage, eyewitness statements, and accident reconstruction reports, to firmly establish the driver’s liability.
Downplaying Your Injuries
Insurance companies frequently try to minimize the severity of injuries to reduce the amount they have to pay. To combat this, we work closely with medical professionals to document the full extent of your injuries. This includes detailed medical reports and expert testimony on the long-term impacts of the injuries.
Making Quick, Lowball Settlement Offers
Soon after the accident, insurers often present a settlement offer that is significantly lower than what the victim is entitled to. In response to these lowball offers, our team evaluates the true value of your claim. We take into account all current and future expenses and negotiate aggressively to secure a fair settlement.
Surveillance and Social Media Monitoring
Some insurers resort to monitoring the claimant’s activities, looking for evidence to suggest that the injuries are not as severe as claimed. We advise our clients on best practices for social media and public activities during their cases and challenge any findings that are misleading or taken out of context.
Weighing You Down With Tons of Paperwork and Legal Jargon
Insurers may confuse you with complicated legal language and loads of paperwork, hoping you will miss important details. We will not let this happen to you. We simplify the legal process for our clients, translating legal terms into understandable language and ensuring they are fully aware of their rights.
Delays in Processing Claims
Delays in processing claims are a strategy to pressure victims into settling for less. Our response? We keep consistent pressure on the insurance companies to expedite the processing of your claim. We will use the court system if need be to prevent any unnecessary delays in processing your claim.
We Want You to Have Fair and Adequate Compensation
We prepare each case as if it will go to court. That’s how we’re able to anticipate the strategies insurers might use to minimize the payout on your claim. Skilled negotiation, backed by solid evidence and legal expertise, is key to our success. We are prepared to take your case to court to advocate for your rights and interests if necessary.
At Wilshire Law Firm, we are committed to protecting the rights of pedestrian accident victims in Fresno. Our goal is to secure justice and provide a foundation for your recovery. We understand the impact of pedestrian accidents and dedicate our resources to making sure that our clients receive the full compensation they deserve, both for immediate recovery and for any long-term effects of their injuries.
What to Do After a Pedestrian Accident in Fresno
If you’re involved in a pedestrian accident, taking a few specific steps can greatly impact the success of your legal claim. Obtaining a police report, keeping detailed records of your injuries and treatments, and collecting witness statements are all actions that strengthen your claim.
We guide our clients through each of these steps and help them recover these pieces of evidence, ensuring that their rights are protected, and their case is as strong as possible.
At Wilshire Law Firm, our personal injury lawyers are dedicated to supporting pedestrian accident victims in Fresno.
Our understanding of California personal injury law, combined with our commitment to our clients and our track record of recovering millions for those injured in pedestrian accidents, ensures that you receive the legal support you need during this challenging time.
Contact us online or call (559) 396-3826 for a free consultation to discuss your case and learn how we can assist you in achieving the best possible legal outcome.
Our Fresno Office Location
Wilshire Law Firm
1221 Van Ness Avenue Ste 301
Fresno, CA 93721
Tel: (559) 396-3826