If you or a loved one has been involved in a truck accident in Fresno, you understand the immense physical and emotional toll it can take. During these challenging times, you need to have a reliable and empathetic legal team by your side.
At Wilshire Law Firm, we provide dedicated and compassionate legal assistance to truck accident victims. Our experienced truck accident attorneys in Fresno are here to offer the support and guidance you need.
Table of contents
Why Choose Our Fresno Truck Accident Lawyers?
Wilshire Law Firm stands out as your go-to legal partner in Fresno for several reasons. Our team of 500+ accomplished legal professionals has a proven track record of success.
We have recovered over $1 billion in total for our clients, and recently, we recovered a $35.2 million trial verdict in a life-changing truck accident injury case that resulted from a tractor-trailer rear-ending our client on the freeway. We understand the unique challenges of truck accident claims and bring 15 years of experience and resources to tackle them effectively.
Our Fresno office is ideally located to serve clients throughout the area at 1221 North Van Ness Avenue Suite 301. Situated near the Fresno County Public Library, Veterans Memorial Museum, and Courthouse Park, our office offers easy access and a comfortable environment for discussing your case.
Truck Accident Compensation
Understanding the potential compensation in truck accident cases is an important aspect of your legal journey.
At Wilshire Law Firm, our attorneys excel in evaluating your case’s specifics to estimate its value accurately. Here’s a closer look at the types of compensation available and how our firm can assist in establishing and recovering each type.
Medical expenses often form a significant part of the compensation in truck accident cases. This includes costs for emergency room visits, hospital stays, surgeries, medications, physical therapy, and any ongoing treatments.
Proving these expenses requires thorough documentation, including medical records, bills, and expert testimony about future medical needs. We gather and present all necessary medical documentation to ensure you’re fully compensated for these expenses.
Lost Wages and Lost Earning Capacity
If your injuries have forced you to miss work, you may be entitled to compensation for lost wages. This covers the income you’ve lost during your recovery period.
Additionally, if your injuries impact your ability to work in the future, you may be eligible for compensation for lost earning capacity. We work with economic experts to project future losses and ensure that any reduction in your earning potential is fairly compensated.
Pain and Suffering
Pain and suffering compensation addresses the non-economic impact of your injuries, such as physical pain, emotional distress, and reduced quality of life. These damages are subjective and require a nuanced approach to quantify. Our attorneys are skilled at articulating the extent of your pain and suffering and negotiating for a compensation amount that truly reflects your experience.
In cases involving a defendant’s particularly reckless or egregious conduct, plaintiffs may receive punitive damages. These punish the wrongdoer and deter similar conduct. Proving entitlement to punitive damages involves demonstrating a high degree of negligence or intentional misconduct. Our firm has the experience to identify when punitive damages are applicable and to present a compelling argument for their inclusion in your compensation.
If your vehicle or other personal property was damaged in the truck accident, you could recover the costs of repair or replacement. We help in collecting repair estimates, valuation reports, and other relevant evidence to ensure you receive fair compensation for property damage.
How Our Firm Establishes and Recovers Compensation
At Wilshire Law Firm, this is our approach to establishing and recovering each type of compensation:
- Gathering Evidence: We collect all necessary evidence, including accident reports, witness statements, medical records, and employment documentation, to build a strong foundation for your claim.
- Working With Experts: We collaborate with medical professionals, accident reconstruction experts, and financial analysts to provide expert testimony and insights that strengthen your case.
- Negotiating With Insurance Companies: Our attorneys have the negotiation skills needed to deal with insurance companies effectively. We ensure that your settlement reflects the true extent of your losses.
- Litigation: If a fair settlement cannot be reached, we are prepared to take your case to trial. Our experienced trial attorneys present compelling arguments to the jury to secure the compensation you deserve.
At Wilshire Law Firm, we understand that each truck accident case is unique. We’re committed to providing personalized legal services to ensure that all aspects of your compensation are thoroughly addressed and maximized. Contact us to explore how we can assist you in your truck accident claim.
Where Can Truck Accidents Happen in Fresno?
In Fresno, California, truck accidents can sometimes be random occurrences, but they often tend to cluster around certain high-risk areas, particularly at busy intersections. Understanding these hotspots is helpful for both drivers and legal professionals handling truck accident cases.
Here is an expanded look at some of the more dangerous intersections in Fresno, which can be the sites of serious accidents involving commercial trucks:
- Blackstone Avenue and Bullard Avenue: This intersection is notorious for its heavy traffic, especially with the presence of commercial and retail areas nearby. The high volume of vehicles, including large trucks, increases the risk of collisions.
- Cedar Avenue and Shaw Avenue: Known for its complex traffic patterns and high vehicle turnover, this intersection sees a mix of local and through traffic, contributing to a higher likelihood of truck-related accidents.
- Blackstone Avenue and McKinley Avenue: The combination of dense traffic and frequent stop-and-go conditions makes this intersection a common site for rear-end collisions involving trucks.
- Ashlan Avenue and Blackstone Avenue: This area is prone to accidents due to the high concentration of commercial businesses and the resultant truck traffic. The intersection’s layout also contributes to visibility issues and challenging navigation for large trucks.
- Cedar Avenue and Dakota Avenue: With multiple entry and exit points, this intersection can be confusing, leading to frequent lane changes and an increased risk of truck accidents.
- Shaw Avenue and Marks Avenue: This intersection experiences a high volume of both pedestrian and vehicular traffic, increasing the risk of truck accidents, especially involving pedestrians and smaller vehicles.
- Clinton Avenue and Blackstone Avenue: Heavy traffic flow, combined with the frequent presence of large trucks, makes this a hotspot for accidents, particularly during rush hours.
- Cedar Avenue and Jensen Avenue: Known for its challenging navigation due to nearby on and off-ramps, this intersection can be a site for truck accidents, especially those involving high speeds or sudden braking.
- Herndon Avenue and Blackstone Avenue: The complexity of this intersection and the high speed of vehicles contribute to its status as a dangerous location for truck accidents.
- Kings Canyon Road and Chestnut Avenue: The mix of residential and commercial areas around this intersection contributes to diverse traffic patterns, making it a frequent location for truck accidents.
These intersections are significant areas of concern in Fresno, which has a history of severe truck accidents.
At Wilshire Law Firm, our familiarity with these specific locations in Fresno enhances our ability to investigate and build strong cases for clients involved in truck accidents.
We understand the unique traffic patterns and risks associated with each of these intersections, allowing us to provide informed and effective legal representation to those affected by truck accidents in these areas.
Our goal is to make sure that after a truck accident at these or any other locations in Fresno, you receive the comprehensive legal support and advocacy you need to secure a favorable outcome.
Our Focus on Fresno Truck Accidents
Truck accidents in Fresno are not just limited to one type; they include a range of scenarios, each presenting unique challenges and risks. At Wilshire Law Firm, our understanding of these different types of accidents and the injuries they cause allows us to provide comprehensive legal representation.
Types of Truck Accidents
These are just a few of the types of truck accidents we see at Wilshire Law Firm:
- Rear-End Collisions: These occur when a truck hits the vehicle in front of it. Given the size and weight of trucks, even a low-speed impact can cause significant damage. Common causes include distracted driving, tailgating, and sudden stops.
- Jackknife Accidents: This type of accident happens when the trailer of a truck swings out and forms an acute angle with the cab, resembling a folding knife. Jackknifing is often caused by improper braking, slippery roads, or abrupt turns.
- Rollover Accidents: Rollovers involve the truck tipping over onto its side or roof. These can result from driver error, such as taking a turn too fast, or external factors like high winds or uneven road surfaces.
- T-Bone Accidents: These accidents occur mainly at intersections. They happen when the front of a truck crashes into the side of another vehicle. They often result from failure to yield, running red lights, or other forms of reckless driving.
- Underride Accidents: These particularly dangerous accidents occur when a smaller vehicle goes underneath a truck’s trailer. They can be fatal and are often due to inadequate truck lighting or poor visibility.
Types of Injuries
Each type of truck accident can also lead to a range of injuries, from mild to severe.
Some of the common injuries include:
- Head and Brain Injuries: These can range from mild concussions to severe traumatic brain injuries (TBIs). They can lead to long-term cognitive issues and require extensive rehabilitation.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: These injuries can result in partial or complete paralysis, significantly altering a person’s life. They often require long-term medical care and adaptive living arrangements.
- Broken Bones: The force of a truck accident can easily break bones. Recovery may involve surgeries, physical therapy, and a long period of immobilization.
- Internal Injuries: These can be particularly dangerous as they may not be immediately apparent. Internal bleeding or organ damage requires urgent medical attention.
- Whiplash and Soft Tissue Injuries: Common in rear-end collisions, these injuries can cause long-term pain and mobility issues.
- Cuts and Lacerations: Debris from a truck accident can lead to severe cuts, which may result in scarring or infection if not properly treated.
At Wilshire Law Firm, we understand each accident type and the severity of the injuries they can cause.
Our approach to these types of accidents involves:
- Thorough Investigation: We investigate the accident scene, gathering evidence to determine the cause and liability.
- Medical Expertise: Our team works with medical professionals to understand the full extent of your injuries and their impact on your life.
- Personalized Legal Strategy: We tailor our legal strategies to suit the specifics of your case, ensuring that every aspect of your experience is considered in your claim.
- Advocacy and Support: Throughout your case, we advocate on your behalf, negotiating with insurance companies and, if necessary, litigating to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve.
Our understanding and experience working with these types of accident claims help our Fresno truck accident lawyers build a strong case on your behalf.
At Wilshire Law Firm, we are committed to using our 15 years of knowledge and experience to help truck accident victims in Fresno find a solution to their legal problems with confidence and support.
Fighting the Insurance Company After a Fresno Truck Accident
Dealing with insurance companies in the aftermath of a truck accident can be an uphill battle. Armed with extensive resources and experienced legal teams, these companies often use some well-disguised tactics to minimize payouts.
At Wilshire Law Firm, we are well aware of these strategies used by insurance companies and have developed effective countermeasures to protect your rights and secure the compensation you deserve.
Tactics Used by Insurance Companies to Minimize Truck Accident Payouts
These are a few of the common tactics we have seen used by insurance companies to devalue or minimize payouts on truck accident injury claims:
- Quick Settlement Offers: Insurance companies often attempt to settle claims quickly before you can consult with a lawyer or fully understand the extent of your injuries or damages. These initial offers are typically far below what you are entitled to.
- Disputing Liability: They might try to dispute liability by suggesting that the accident was partially or entirely your fault, even in cases where their client, the truck driver or trucking company, is clearly at fault.
- Downplaying Injuries: Insurance adjusters are known to downplay the severity of your injuries to reduce the amount they have to pay. They may argue that your injuries are pre-existing or not as severe as claimed.
- Surveillance and Social Media Monitoring: Some insurers resort to surveilling claimants or monitoring their social media accounts, looking for evidence to dispute the claim, like activities that suggest your injuries are not as severe as you claim.
- Delaying Tactics: Delays in processing claims can be a strategy to pressure you into settling for less. This is particularly effective when you are facing mounting medical bills and financial strain.
- Complex Paperwork and Legal Jargon: They often use complex legal language and extensive paperwork to confuse or overwhelm claimants, hoping you will miss important details or deadlines.
How Wilshire Law Firm Handles These Challenges
Our approach to combating these tactics includes:
- Analyzing Settlement Offers: We thoroughly analyze any settlement offers and negotiate aggressively to ensure they reflect the true value of your claim, considering all your current and future needs.
- Establishing Liability: Our team spends time gathering evidence to establish liability clearly, countering attempts by insurance companies to shift blame.
- Medical Documentation and Expert Testimony: We work closely with medical professionals to document the extent of your injuries accurately and, when necessary, bring in expert testimony to support your claims.
- Advising on Social Media and Privacy: We advise our clients on best practices regarding social media use and privacy to prevent insurance companies from using your own words or actions against you.
- Countering Delays: Our experienced attorneys are skilled at pushing back against delaying tactics, keeping your case moving forward, and keeping pressure on the insurance companies.
- Simplifying the Legal Process: We guide you through the legal process, simplifying complex legal terms and handling all the paperwork, ensuring you understand every step and your rights are protected.
- Readiness to Litigate: We are fully prepared to take your case to court if a fair settlement cannot be reached through negotiation. Our track record in litigation, including the $35.2 million we recently recovered for the victim of a truck accident, demonstrates our commitment to achieving the best possible outcome for our clients.
At Wilshire Law Firm, we understand the stress and challenges of dealing with insurance companies after a truck accident. Our goal is to alleviate that burden, allowing you to focus on your recovery while we handle the legal side of your claim.
With our experienced team of 500+ legal professionals on your side, you can be confident that your case is in capable hands, fighting to secure the full compensation you deserve.
What to Do After a Fresno Truck Accident
After being involved in a truck accident in Fresno, the first thing to do is to focus on your recovery and gather evidence to support your claim. This includes following your treatment plans, keeping receipts and records of expenses, keeping a journal of your recovery process, and obtaining a copy of the police report (we will help you with this).
Bringing this information to our personal injury attorneys at Wilshire Law Firm will significantly strengthen your case and enhance your chances of a successful outcome.
At Wilshire Law Firm, we are committed to providing top-notch legal assistance to truck accident victims in Fresno.
Our deep understanding of local laws, combined with our extensive experience in truck accident cases, positions us to offer outstanding legal support. Contact us at (559) 396-3826 to discuss your case and learn how we can help you during this difficult time.
Our Fresno Office Location
Wilshire Law Firm
1221 Van Ness Avenue Ste 301
Fresno, CA 93721
Tel: (559) 396-3826