A Lancaster truck accident lawyer at Wilshire Law Firm fights for the justice you deserve when your injuries result from a negligent big rig driver. Our experienced legal team can review your case for free, answer your questions, and communicate your options. Don’t face this tragedy alone; call (800) 501-3011 or contact us online. You pay no fees unless you win.
Table of contents
- Wilshire Law Firm Fights for Your Rights When You Can’t
- How our Truck Accident Lawyers Help You
- Get the Justice You Deserve
- Who is Liable for a Lancaster Truck Crash
- Critical Deadlines
- Common Injuries in a Truck Accident
- Wrongful Death Claims
- Wilshire Law Firm – How Our Lancaster Truck Accident Lawyers Can Help
- Our Lancaster Location
Wilshire Law Firm Fights for Your Rights When You Can’t
Lancaster personal injury attorneys fight to ensure you receive the justice you deserve after a horrific accident, and can we protect you when you are injured or emotionally spent. Your financial and physical well-being should not suffer from another’s mistake. It is not uncommon for the insurance company and the at-fault party to try to shift the blame onto you. We represent your rights in all aspects of the accident, from investigating the crash to negotiating with adjusters. Don’t go it alone. Let us help you.
How our Truck Accident Lawyers Help You
There is severe injury and monetary damage associated with truck accidents. Often, this occurs when you cannot defend yourself due to injury or emotional trauma. That is where Wilshire Law Firm can help. There are several ways to do this, including:
- Dealing with the insurance company: Following a truck accident, you may receive a call from the at-fault party’s insurer. They might ask to record the call as they attempt to ask potentially tricky questions. They are not your friend; they are out to pay as little as they can, if anything. You are not obligated to allow them to tape the call since anything you say can be misinterpreted. For instance, you might say you are sorry the truck accident happened. The insurer may twist this statement as an admission of guilt and an apology for your actions. In this situation, we can represent you, saving you the discomfort.
- Investigating the crash: Wilshire Law Firm can inspect the accident site, interview witnesses, and reconstruct the crash. We can also analyze trucker logs for maintenance details, examine black box recordings, and determine if the driver was negligent. The evidence provided by these factors can help pursue the claim.
- Insurance negotiations: Initial offers from insurers may be low. A lot of times, this occurs before your doctor has had time to evaluate you adequately. You must sign a waiver to receive the funds, absolving them of any further responsibility. Because of this, even if you need additional treatment, the insurer is off the hook.
- Resolving the claim in court: The at-fault party or their insurance company might refuse compensation. When this happens, the case may go to court for resolution. Your Lancaster truck accident attorney can represent you in court.
- Trucking regulations: Companies and truckers must adhere to strict trucking regulations.  Failure to adhere to these regulations adds to their negligence.
Support on an emotional level: Our legal team can provide you with the necessary support on an emotional level. If you have questions about any phase of the process, we are always available to help.
Get the Justice You Deserve
Your Lancaster truck wreck lawyer can fight for your rights and obtain justice. Common compensations are:
- Medical costs: Emergency room costs, hospital expenses, medication and diagnostic tests and X-rays, CT scans and MRIs are often part of a claim. Assistive devices, such as wheelchairs, at-home services, and rehabilitation-associated charges, are also recoverable. It is possible to recover the cost of necessary additions to your home.
- Loss of wages: You may also seek compensation for income losses following the accident. Other payments, such as bonuses and commissions, can also be included in the damages. Contract workers could provide income tax statements and other supportive documents to recover damages.
- Future earnings: Injured workers may not be eligible for future raises or career advancements if unable to work. There is a possibility of recovering this money.
- Pain and suffering: It is also possible to seek compensation for psychological trauma and emotional suffering in addition to physical pain.
- Loss of consortium: The plaintiff’s (injured party’s) spouse can file a claim if the accident robbed them of love, intimacy, or companionship.
- Auto rental: An auto rental may be reimbursable if your car isn’t working and you use it to go to the doctor or work.
- Enjoyment loss: Injured parties may be able to include loss of enjoyment if activities that once brought them joy are no longer possible. Your Lancaster truck accident lawyer can help you calculate the monetary damages associated with this loss.
Punitive damages: A truck accident caused by a particularly egregious act might be eligible for punitive damages. It is up to a jury or a court to determine the amount of punitive damages.
Who is Liable for a Lancaster Truck Crash
Responsibility for a truck accident varies. Here are the most common:
- Trucker Negligence: Reckless driving, such as speeding and aggressive behavior by the trucker, is an example of negligent conduct.
- Truck maintenance: It is a common problem for trucking companies to fail to maintain their trucks, choosing instead to take the easy way out. For example, failure to inspect and replace worn tires can lead to a blowout.
- Government negligence: The failure of government agencies to maintain roads can lead to truck accidents. Maintenance includes filling potholes, placing warning signs on bridges and curves and monitoring foliage growth to ensure traffic signs are visible.
- Defects: Defects attributable to the manufacturer can be part of a product liability lawsuit if it leads to an accident. In California, product liability claims do not need to prove negligence.
- Distracted driving: Distracted drivers engage in other activities while driving. Examples are texting, eating, interacting with passengers and playing with the radio.
- Tired drivers: Fatigue is one of the leading causes of truck accidents. The driver may become fatigued due to long miles logged or demand for no rest stops from the employer.
- Securing cargo: An improperly secured load may cause a truck to roll over, injuring others. Worn cargo hooks and tie-downs can cause accidents if they snap and let go.
- Equipment failure: If brakes or tires are improperly maintained, they can fail while the driver is on the road and cause a collision.
Inexperienced truckers: Training is integral to a trucker’s background. If that is lacking or the trucking company fails to provide it, an accident can occur.
Under California law, truck accident attorneys in Lancaster must file a claim within two years of the incident. The time to file is different when the defendant is a government agency. 
You must file the claim within six months after the incident. If the government agency does not respond within 45 days, you have two years to file a lawsuit. Alternatively, you have six months to file a lawsuit if the government denies your claim. Either way, if the deadline passes, the case will not proceed.
Common Injuries in a Truck Accident
Some of the most common injuries are:
- Internal injuries: Serious trauma is due to the vehicle’s tremendous impact. Types of trauma may include chest and abdominal injuries. For instance, a blow to the chest can damage the heart or lungs.
- TBIs: Traumatic brain injuries are often devastating, interfering with a person’s ability to remember or to think clearly. Depending on the type of TBI, the person may be unable to work or participate in everyday activities.
- Fractures: Broken bones are common in truck accidents due to the impact on the person’s body. Although minor breaks generally heal within six weeks, compound fractures often require surgery to repair.
- Spinal cord injury: An injury to the spinal cord can lead to paralysis, either total or partial. Rehabilitation is a big part of the treatment; it can take months or years to see results.
Burns: Burn injuries are severe, especially if the truck carries oil or another fuel that catches fire. Burns are disfiguring and require extended hospital stays.
Wrongful Death Claims
Bringing a wrongful death lawsuit can assist the family in finding justice and closure after losing a loved one. Even so, it can’t erase the grief the family feels. Among the factors in a truck accident wrongful death lawsuit are:
- Expenses associated with funerals and burials
- Loss of wages
- Benefits related to insurance and pensions
- Loss of intimacy, love, and support between spouses
- Amount spent on household duties previously performed by the deceased
Wilshire Law Firm – How Our Lancaster Truck Accident Lawyers Can Help
- Getting fair compensation and justice after a truck accident can be challenging. Wilshire Law Firm is committed to protecting your rights after a truck accident. During the last 15 years, we have helped clients win over $1 billion.
- You can begin by requesting a free and confidential case review from us. We can answer your questions and discuss your options moving forward. Contact us at (800) 301-5011 or online to schedule this consultation.
- The deadline for filing a claim is usually two years. Evidence and witnesses can disappear during this time, so getting in touch as soon as possible is essential. A lawsuit may be your chance to obtain compensation for medical costs, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Our team is available 24/7. Remember, you pay no fees unless you win.
Our Lancaster Location
Wilshire Law Firm
963 W Avenue J
Lancaster, CA 93534
Tel: (661) 579-4445