Riverside County, renowned for its breathtaking rivers, majestic mountain peaks, captivating deserts, and verdant valleys, boasts a remarkable diversity that few destinations can rival.
Cyclists from far and wide converge here to immerse themselves in the vibrant atmosphere, embracing the experience with only their protective gear between them and the open road.
Bicycling isn’t merely a leisurely pastime in Riverside; it’s a way of life. When a cyclist sustains an injury, it resonates, affecting the entire community. Reach out to a Riverside bicycle accident attorney.
This is where the Wilshire Law Firm takes action.
Riverside Bicycle Accident Guide
- Why Choose Our Riverside Bicycle Accident Attorneys?
- Riverside Bicycle Accident Compensation
- What Are the Most Common Bicycle Accidents in Riverside?
- What are the Most Common Types of Bicycle Accident Injuries?
- How Can a Bicycle Accident Attorney Help Me?
- Call Us if You’ve Experienced a Bicycle Accident in Riverside
Why Choose Our Riverside Bicycle Accident Attorneys?
Wilshire Law Firm is a standout choice for bicycle accident representation in Riverside. Our team boasts over a decade of experience navigating California’s accident laws, and we are unwavering in our commitment to your well-being.
You pay nothing until you win your compensation, proving that our interests align with yours and that we provide accessible legal services, no matter your financial circumstances.
Take advantage of our free, no-obligation consultation to review your bicycle accident case. We explain your legal options and introduce our team without pressure to sign on with us.
Recognitions and Awards
Wilshire Law Firm has earned a multitude of prestigious awards and accolades, serving as a testament to our unwavering dedication to achieving legal excellence:
- Best Law Firm Recognition: We have been honored with the title “Best Law Firm” by esteemed publications such as U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers®, underscoring our legal prowess and unwavering commitment to client contentment.
- Distinguished Legal Professionals: Distinguished organizations like The National Association of Distinguished Counsel, among others, have recognized our attorneys as part of the top one percent of legal professionals in the nation.
- Demonstrated Success: Our proven history of achieving significant settlements and verdicts demonstrates our skill in effectively managing complex accident cases.
A proud example is the $38.5 million settlement we secured against a major insurance company that unjustly denied our client fair compensation.
Our Riverside office is located at 7177 Brockton Avenue #217, Riverside, CA 92506, for ease of access:
- Proximity to Key Areas: Our office is well-positioned in a popular area near Shamel Park and Woodcrest Christian School.
- Client Accessibility: We’ve purposefully situated our Riverside office for our client’s convenience. Settled in the bustling core of Riverside, it is close to myriad clients’ errands and interests.
Choosing Wilshire Law Firm’s Riverside bicycle accident lawyers is partnering with a team dedicated to your needs.
After a bicycle accident, contact us for a free consultation to explore how we can assist you in achieving the compensation and justice you deserve.
Riverside Bicycle Accident Compensation
One of the first important things to do in your legal process after a bicycle accident is to understand how to be compensated.
At Wilshire Law Firm in Riverside, our team of bicycle accident attorneys carefully looks at every aspect of your case to make sure you get all the compensation you deserve.
Types of compensation available in Riverside County bicycle accident cases:
A significant portion of your settlement is allocated to cover your medical costs, including emergency treatment, hospital stays, surgeries, prescribed medications, physical therapy, and any necessary ongoing medical care.
We diligently gather all your medical records, bills, and professional evaluations to validate the accuracy of your expenses.
This thorough process guarantees that your claim accounts for all the necessary funds to cover your current and future medical bills.
Lost earning capacity
When injuries hinder your ability to work, you may be eligible for compensation to cover your present and anticipated income losses.
Our team consults professionals who assess these financial setbacks by analyzing your prior earnings, assessing potential employment opportunities, and evaluating the impact of your injuries on your future income.
Pain and suffering
This compensation covers all the pain and suffering you went through after the accident, including mental, physical, and emotional distress. Determining an exact value for this damage is more challenging than calculating medical bills or lost wages.
We accurately show the significance of your injuries by considering your overall experience, getting evaluations from mental health experts, and illustrating how your life has been affected since the accident.
The defendant is often ordered to pay extra money as punishment to prevent future misconduct. This is called punitive damages.
The Wilshire Law Firm has 15 years of experience finding cases where we have asked for this extra punishment money, making strong arguments to get it.
Property damage compensation includes fixing or replacing your bicycle, helmet, or anything damaged in the accident.
We help by assessing the value of your belongings, proof of their previous condition, and estimates for repairs so you’ll get the right amount to cover what you lost.
What Are the Most Common Bicycle Accidents in Riverside?
The most common types of bicycle accidents are:
- Sudden Door Incidents: These accidents happen when a car door unexpectedly opens and strikes a cyclist.
- Intersection Collisions: These accidents occur at intersections and transpire when a vehicle neglects to yield the right-of-way to a cyclist.
- Road Hazards: Unsafe road conditions, like potholes, debris, or uneven paths, can lead to cyclists losing control and crashing.
- Left-Turn Collisions: These accidents materialize when a vehicle makes a left turn in front of an approaching cyclist, leaving them insufficient time to avoid a collision.
- Right-Turn Collisions: This type unfolds when a vehicle turns right and collides with a cyclist heading in the same direction, typically occurring at intersections.
- Single-Bike Incidents: Involving only cyclists, these accidents are influenced by road hazards, slippery surfaces, or mechanical issues.
- Side-Impact Crashes: Also referred to as “T-bone” accidents, these occur when a vehicle crashes into the side of a cyclist, often at intersections or while crossing streets.
- Rear-End Collisions: Typically transpiring at intersections or stoplights, these accidents happen when a car strikes a cyclist from behind due to a driver’s failure to notice them.
We all want to stay safe on the road. The best way to ensure safety for everyone, from pedestrians to vehicle drivers, is to adopt preventive measures like using helmets, adhering to traffic regulations, and ensuring visibility.
What are the Most Common Types of Bicycle Accident Injuries?
The most common types of bicycle accident injuries in Riverside include:
- Head Injuries: Head injuries happen a lot in bicycle accidents and can be dangerous. Even with protective gear, cyclists can suffer concussions, skull fractures, and traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) if they strike their heads.
- Fractures and Broken Bones: Cyclists often break their bones, particularly in the arms, wrists, legs, and collarbones, when they fall or collide with vehicles or obstacles.
- Road Rash and Abrasions: Road rash and abrasions may require medical attention when a cyclist hits the asphalt.
- Soft Tissue Injuries: Sprains, strains, and tears of muscles, ligaments, and tendons are common, often occurring in the knees, shoulders, and ankles.
- Spinal Injuries: Serious accidents can lead to spinal injuries, from herniated discs to spinal cord damage, which can result in paralysis or long-term disabilities.
- Facial Injuries: Cyclists often suffer facial injuries, including lacerations, fractures, and dental injuries, due to impacts with the ground or objects.
- Internal Injuries: Blunt force trauma in accidents can lead to internal injuries, such as organ damage or internal bleeding, which may not be immediately apparent and require prompt medical attention.
- Nerve Damage: Nerves can be damaged in bicycle accidents, leading to pain, numbness, or loss of sensation in affected areas.
- Psychological Trauma: Bicycle accidents can lead to mental trauma, including anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
Being aware of potential injuries and taking safety measures can save your life if you’re a cyclist. Wearing appropriate gear, obeying traffic regulations, and riding cautiously reduce the risk of accidents and minimize the seriousness of injuries.
Three Feet for Safety Law
California’s 3 Feet for Safety law, officially known as California Vehicle Code Section 21760, mandates that when passing a cyclist traveling in the same direction, a motor vehicle must allow at least three feet of space between the car and the cyclist, enhancing the safety of cyclists and lessening the risk of accidents caused by vehicles passing too closely.
Key points include:
- Minimum Clearance Requirement: When drivers pass a cyclist, they must allow at least three feet of space between their vehicle and the cyclist. If they can’t do this because of traffic or road conditions, they should slow down to a safe speed until it’s possible to pass with the required three-foot clearance.
- Penalties for Violation: If someone breaks California’s 3 Feet for Safety law, they may face fines and legal consequences. The exact penalties depend on the situation and where the violation occurs.
- Exceptions to the Rule: There are exceptions to this law. For example, drivers don’t have to maintain a three-foot distance when passing a cyclist in a designated bike lane.
However, they must still be careful and avoid colliding with the cyclist.
- Safety Recommendations: If it’s hard to give three feet of space when passing a cyclist, drivers should be patient and wait for a safe opportunity to pass while keeping a safe distance.
This law promotes the safety of cyclists by creating a clear standard for space that must be given when overtaking a cyclist on the road.
It helps reduce the risk of accidents caused by close passes and provides legal protection for cyclists in California.
How Can a Bicycle Accident Attorney Help Me?
A lawyer can provide valuable assistance after a bicycle accident through:
- Legal Guidance: A lawyer explains your rights and directs you through the legal process, helping you understand the steps needed to get your settlement.
- Investigation: Lawyers investigate the circumstances of the accident, collecting evidence such as accident reports, witness statements, and any available surveillance footage. This helps establish liability and build a strong case.
- Determining Liability: Lawyers can assess liability by examining the actions of all parties involved, including the driver, other potential negligent parties, and even the road conditions to establish who was at fault.
- Medical Documentation: Your lawyer can help you gather and organize all medical records, bills, and reports on your injuries. This documentation is crucial in proving the extent of your injuries and the costs associated with your medical treatment.
- Negotiating with Insurers: Lawyers can negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf to ensure you receive fair compensation. Insurance companies may try to minimize payouts, but an attorney advocates for your rights and helps you get the compensation you deserve.
- Calculating Damages: Lawyers can help you accurately calculate your damages, including medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, property damage, and more. They work to ensure you seek the maximum compensation possible.
- Settlement Negotiations: Most personal injury cases are settled out of court. A lawyer can negotiate with the responsible party’s legal team for a fair settlement covering your losses.
A lawyer can provide critical support in the aftermath of a bicycle accident by ensuring your rights are protected, building a solid case, negotiating with insurance companies, and advocating for fair compensation.
Call Us if You’ve Experienced a Bicycle Accident in Riverside
If you or someone you love has been injured in a bicycle accident in Riverside, we can help.
Our attorneys can help you start the legal process, from filing a claim to negotiating with insurance companies and, if necessary, representing your interests in court.
We are committed to ensuring our clients receive the legal representation they deserve when they need it most.
After a bicycle wreck in Riverside, contact us online for a free consultation or call (951) 749-5800 to discuss your case.
Our Riverside Office Location
Wilshire Law Firm
7177 Brockton Ave #217
Riverside, CA 92506
Tel: (951) 749-5800
Open Mon – Sun
Available 24 Hours
by Appointment Only