San Francisco has a lot to offer visitors and residents alike. The Golden Gate Bridge, The Legion of Honor, Alcatraz, and The Japanese Tea Garden draw visitors by the thousands year after year.
With big crowds come increased traffic and a considerable risk of accidents. You can get in an accident on an almost desolate road. It only takes one careless driver to cause a serious accident.
At Wilshire Law Firm, Our San Francisco car accident lawyers get that you’re dealing with tough situations and are here to provide you with help and advice. We take care of various types of personal injury cases, and our big team of more than 500 legal professionals is dedicated to assisting you through these hard times with care and almost 20 years of know-how.
Table of contents
- Why You Should Choose Our San Francisco Car Accident Lawyers
- Compensation in San Francisco Car Accident Claims
- Lost Income
- Property Damage
- Punitive Damages
- Where Do Car Accidents Happen in San Francisco?
- What Kind of Injuries Occur in Car Accidents?
- What Can a San Francisco Car Accident Lawyer Do for Me?
- Let Wilshire Law Firm’s San Francisco Car Accident Attorneys Help You
- Our San Francisco Location
Why You Should Choose Our San Francisco Car Accident Lawyers
Wilshire Law Firm stands out as your go-to legal partner in San Francisco.
With a roster of over 500 skilled legal professionals, we boast a solid history of delivering positive outcomes.
Our achievements include securing over $1 billion in total client settlements. We recently secured a $35.2 million verdict in a life-altering accident injury case. This case stemmed from a tractor-trailer rear-ending our client on the freeway.
Regarding car accident claims, we know the distinctive challenges they present. With 15 years of experience and abundant resources, we are fully equipped to confront these issues head-on.
As the Official Personal Injury Partners of the Los Angeles Chargers, our attorneys are recognized for their excellence in personal injury, employment law, and class action cases. U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers named us among the Best Law Firms for four years running.
Whether you’re closer to our main office or one of our convenient satellite locations, exceptional legal help is always within reach. We strive to offer our clients a welcoming and professional atmosphere to guarantee they get the required assistance.
Selecting an experienced San Francisco personal injury attorneys at Wilshire Law Firm means picking a legal ally deeply devoted to your triumph, backed by a demonstrated track record of delivering outcomes and a steadfast pledge to provide individualized representation. Your path to justice begins right here.
Our San Francisco office is ideally located to serve clients throughout the area at 75 Broadway, Suite 202, San Francisco, CA 94111. Situated near the Sentinel Building and Saybrook University, it offers easy access and a comfortable environment for discussing your case.
Compensation in San Francisco Car Accident Claims
After a San Francisco car accident, you’re probably wondering how to get fairly compensated.
At Wilshire Law Firm, we review each aspect of your case to help you receive a fair and comprehensive compensation package.
Here’s a deeper look at the types of damages available and how they are proven:
Medical expenses are one of the biggest parts of car accident compensation.
It can include:
- Emergency Care: Urgent medical treatment post-accident.
- Continuing Treatments: Follow-up visits, physical therapy, and rehabilitation.
- Upcoming Medical Needs: Anticipated medical care, especially in cases of long-term or permanent injuries.
We gather and present detailed medical records, bills, and professional testimony to show the extent and cost of your treatment. Our team ensures these expenses are fully accounted for in your settlement.
When injuries hinder your ability to work, the financial consequences can rapidly make themselves known.
Compensation for lost income includes:
- Immediate Income Loss: Wages lost due to the standard recovery period.
- Long-term Earning Capacity: Impact on your earning ability, specifically with a permanent disability.
We collect employment records, salary details, and professional opinions on future earning capacity to prove and recover your damages.
We want to recover the full extent of your current and future lost income.
Pain and Suffering
Pain and suffering are non-economic damages, often harder to measure but just as important.
Pain and suffering damages account for:
- Physical Pain: The current and constant physical discomfort caused by car accident injuries.
- Emotional Trauma: Psychological impacts such as panic, stress, anxiety, and depression.
Documenting pain and suffering requires a very specific approach. We rely on medical records, psychological evaluations, and personal testimony to show the depth of your misery. We aim to secure a compensation amount that acknowledges these less tangible yet very real impacts.
If your personal property was damaged in the car accident, you are entitled to compensation for repairs or replacement. We help collect estimates for repair replacement costs and assess any depreciation to ensure you are fairly compensated for property damage.
Punitive damages punish the wrongdoer and deter similar misconduct.
Showing you deserve punitive damages involves presenting clear evidence of the defendant’s malicious or reckless behavior. Our team exposes and presents proof, advocating for justice beyond compensatory damages.
At Wilshire Law Firm, we use a tried-and-true approach to uncover all potential areas of compensation. Our vast experience and resources allow us to gather evidence effectively, consult with professionals, and build a strong case on your behalf.
If necessary, we negotiate with insurance companies and represent your interests in court to ensure you receive the total compensation you deserve. We are committed to your healing, both in health and finances, after your car accident in San Francisco.
Where Do Car Accidents Happen in San Francisco?
San Francisco is a growing city with increasing activity and traffic. Accidents happen in many different places, from crowded intersections to high-speed freeways.
Familiarizing yourself with the common accident spots in San Francisco is helpful for residents and visitors alike.
Some areas where car accidents are relatively more common include:
- Major Intersections: Busy intersections like Market Street and Van Ness Avenue or Lombard Street and Van Ness Avenue often witness more accidents due to the high traffic volume and complex traffic patterns.
- Freeways and Highways: Accidents can occur on the city’s major highways, such as Interstate 80, Interstate 280, and Highway 101, especially during rush hours.
- Residential Areas: Neighborhoods with narrow streets and limited parking can see accidents related to tight driving conditions and limited visibility.
- Tourist Areas: Places with high tourist traffic, like Fisherman’s Wharf or the Golden Gate Bridge, may experience accidents involving unfamiliar drivers.
- Construction Zones: Areas under construction or road maintenance can be prone to accidents due to temporary changes in traffic patterns and reduced visibility.
For residents of San Francisco or those just sightseeing, being aware of these high-risk areas can help you be more vigilant and cautious. However, accidents can still happen, and the next step is knowing where to turn for legal assistance.
What Kind of Injuries Occur in Car Accidents?
Car accidents can result in a wide range of injuries, varying in severity from minor to life-threatening. The type and severity of injuries depend on various factors, including the speed of the vehicles involved, the use of seatbelts and safety equipment, the point of impact, and the overall circumstances of the accident.
Common injuries sustained in San Francisco car accidents include:
- Fractures and Broken Bones: Car accidents can lead to broken bones, especially in the extremities, ribs, and collarbones.
- Whiplash: Whiplash is a neck injury when the head is suddenly jerked forward and backward, often in rear-end collisions. It can cause neck pain, stiffness, and headaches.
- Soft Tissue Injuries: These injuries involve damage to muscles, tendons, or ligaments and can result in strains, sprains, or bruising.
- Head Injuries: Head injuries can range from minor concussions to severe traumatic brain injuries (TBIs). Even a minor head injury can have long-lasting effects.
- Back Injuries: The impact of a car accident can cause back injuries, including herniated discs and spinal cord injuries. These injuries can lead to chronic pain and mobility issues.
- Chest Injuries: Chest injuries, including broken ribs and sternum, can occur due to the impact of a collision, often from seatbelt use.
- Internal Injuries: Blunt force trauma from a car accident can cause internal injuries, such as organ damage or internal bleeding.
- Burns: In the case of a fire or explosion, car occupants can suffer burns, which can vary in degree of severity.
- Amputations: In severe accidents, amputation of limbs may occur, either as a direct result of the collision or due to injuries that require surgical amputation.
- Psychological Injuries: Car accidents can also lead to psychological trauma, such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) or emotional distress.
Sometimes, you feel fine after an accident, but later, you can find you sustained more injuries than you first thought.
That’s why seeing a doctor immediately after a car accident is so important. Some injuries may not manifest symptoms immediately but can worsen over time.
A timely medical evaluation can help identify injuries and ensure you’re treated appropriately.
There are legal and insurance considerations in the aftermath of a car accident, so consult an attorney to cover all your bases.
What Can a San Francisco Car Accident Lawyer Do for Me?
A lawyer can provide valuable assistance after a San Francisco car accident in various ways, including:
- Legal Guidance: An attorney can explain your rights and legal options, helping you understand how the law applies to your specific case.
- Investigation: A lawyer can conduct a thorough investigation into the accident, gathering evidence, talking to witnesses, and working with accident reconstruction witnesses if necessary. This helps establish liability and strengthen your case.
- Negotiation With Insurance Companies: Insurance companies often try to settle claims for as little as possible. A lawyer can negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf to ensure you receive a fair and just settlement that covers your medical expenses, property damage, and other losses.
- Determining Damages: An attorney can help you assess the full extent of your damages, including medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and future medical expenses. They can ensure that you seek appropriate compensation for your injuries.
- Filing a Lawsuit: If negotiations with the insurance company do not result in a fair settlement, your attorney can file a lawsuit and represent you in court.
- Advocacy: Your lawyer will advocate throughout the legal process, ensuring that your best interests are protected and that you receive the compensation you deserve.
- Handling Legal Procedures: Legal procedures can be complex and time-consuming. A lawyer can handle all legal paperwork, filings, and deadlines, relieving you of the administrative burden.
- Gathering Medical Records: Your attorney can obtain your medical records and work with medical witnesses to build a strong case by documenting the extent and impact of your injuries.
- Negotiating Liens: If you have medical liens or subrogation claims from healthcare providers and insurance companies, your lawyer can negotiate these to maximize your final settlement.
- Trial Representation: If your case goes to trial, your attorney will represent you in court, presenting evidence, questioning witnesses, and making legal arguments on your behalf.
- Contingency Fee Arrangement: Many personal injury attorneys work on a contingency fee basis, meaning they only get paid if you receive compensation. This arrangement can alleviate financial stress during the legal process.
Having an experienced car accident attorney on your side can significantly improve your chances of obtaining a fair settlement or winning your case in court.
They can help you navigate the complex legal process and focus on your recovery while they handle the legal aspects of your case.
Let Wilshire Law Firm’s San Francisco Car Accident Attorneys Help You
By choosing Wilshire Law Firm, you’re selecting a team devoted to your cause that cares about your outcomes and provides customized legal support tailored to your circumstances.
Our track record of over $1 billion in favorable results for our clients speaks to our dedication and experience. We work untiringly to ensure that you obtain the compensation you’re entitled to for the hardships you’ve endured.
If you’ve been in an accident, don’t hesitate. Reach out to us today for a complimentary consultation.
Allow us to alleviate the legal burdens so you can concentrate on what matters most – your recovery and well-being. Count on us to be your advocate and guide as you pursue the justice and compensation you rightfully deserve.
Call us at (213) 712-4459.
Our San Francisco Location
Wilshire Law Firm
75 Broadway, Suite 202
San Francisco, CA 94111
Tel: (415) 968-4279