If you’ve been injured in an accident involving a cargo truck or large commercial vehicle, the truck accident lawyers at Wilshire Law Firm are ready to give you immediate assistance. Please take advantage of our free case review during this difficult time. We’ve collected over $1 billion for our injured clients and will fight the big cargo truck companies to bring you the justice and compensation you and your loved ones deserve. Call 800-522-7274 to get your case started.
Justice with a Proven Cargo Truck Accident Law Firm
Cargo trucks are commonly seen traveling on highways and in towns and can range from moving vans to delivery trucks. Thousands of accidents occur each year and a surprising number of them are due to poorly loaded trucks.
The cargo truck attorneys at Wilshire Law Firm are experienced in determining the cause of an accident and building a solid case to recover damages for those injured by the negligence of a cargo truck driver or company. Call Wilshire anytime around the clock to confidentially discuss your case.
Because evidence begins to disappear soon after a crash, the sooner you call, the better. Keep in mind the deadline to file a lawsuit, known as the statute of limitations, starts running as soon as you are involved in an accident. So please don’t delay, or it could affect your ability to collect compensation.
Collecting Damages After a Cargo Truck Crash
When you or a loved one has been injured in a collision with a cargo truck, recovery can be complicated, expensive, and ongoing throughout your life. Cargo truck accident lawsuits get launched as a necessary way to recover rightful compensation needed to pay for expenses that may include:
- Medical Bills – hospital stays, surgeries, rehabilitation, and ongoing therapies
- Lost Wages – when you have missed work and the income you rely on
- Lost Future Income – when you can no longer perform your job duties and must transition to another career
- Loss of Consortium – when a fatality has occurred, and you’ve lost the companionship of a loved one, or the physical injuries have dramatically affected the nature of your relationship.
- Pain and Suffering – since injuries can take a mental and emotional toll that affects many aspects of daily living.
- Punitive Damages – when it becomes necessary to impose financial penalties as a punishment for harm
Causes of Cargo Truck Collisions
Some of the main causes of cargo truck accidents that lead to injuries and fatalities include:
- Truck Driver Fatigue – Drivers who have been on the road for too long can make mistakes, such as failing to notice slow-moving traffic or drifting into another lane.
- Distracted Driving – When drivers are not paying attention to the road, they may not see obstacles in their path until it’s too late.
- Poor vehicle maintenance can also lead to accidents, as worn brakes or tires can easily lead to a loss of control.
- Weather conditions can play a role in cargo truck accidents, as wet roads or snow and ice can make it difficult for drivers to stay in control of their vehicles.
- Improper loading causes problems in cargo trucks that may sway due to the motion of the cargo inside, resulting in a rollover or jackknife crash, with contents spilling on the road.
Justice & Compensation with a Cargo Truck Accident Lawyer
Cargo truck crashes can have devastating repercussions for the victims. The seasoned cargo truck accident attorneys at Wilshire Law Firm sympathize with your situation and are prepared to help.
Your first step: Call us today at 800-522-7274 if you are involved in a cargo truck accident for a free consultation with one of our attorneys. We will fight to recover money damages. Remember, our firm operates on a contingency-fee-basis, which means you pay us NO FEES unless we win your case.
Frequently Asked Questions About Cargo Truck Accidents
Why do you need a truck accident attorney?
When you are in a cargo truck accident, you need an attorney who understands the laws and how to get you the best outcome possible. Truck accidents are complex because there are multiple parties involved, insurance companies, and federal regulations. You need an attorney who knows how to deal with all of these factors and fight for your rights.
What are the most common injuries sustained in cargo truck accidents?
The common injuries sustained in cargo truck accidents are broken bones, spinal cord injuries, and traumatic brain injuries. These types of injuries can be very serious and can often lead to permanent disability or death.