A sharp, dynamic lawyer with a passion for the courtroom, Colin Jones, Esq. is as invested in understanding his clients as he is the law. Wilshire Law Firm’s first partner and lead trial attorney, Colin holds an authentic and genuine desire to connect with people, endearing him to clients, judges, and juries alike.
An accomplished courtroom attorney, Colin masterfully presents the stories of his clients, presenting their truths with a creativity and zeal that wins. His deep-seated commitment to improving the lives of others has helped his clients recover an astounding $200 million in under 10 years—including a recent $12 million premises liability settlement.
Colin’s energy and enthusiasm for his work is something that other attorneys can’t match. He puts a part of himself into each case he works, sharing in the triumphs of his clients as he leads them through the legal process. Colin carefully limits the amount of cases he takes on, ensuring that every client receives the personal attention and respect they deserve.
The stubborn persistence that Colin has tackled the legal issues of his clients with has garnered him an excellent reputation amongst his legal contemporaries—he has been honored as a Super Lawyers Rising Star each year since 2015, and has been a member of both The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Civil Plaintiff Lawyers and The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 under 40 since 2011. A true trial lawyer who is committed to legal advocacy, Mr. Jones is both an admitted member of the prestigious American Board of Trial Advocates and the 2020 President of The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 under 40.
Colin is frequently asked to address other attorneys at continuing legal education events. He has spoken multiple times at a variety of The National Trial Lawyers organizations on topics ranging from closing arguments to voir dire. In addition, Colin has presented on trial advocacy and litigation at Loyola University Chicago School of Law and DePaul University College of Law. His written legal guide, “How to Win Over a Jury to Win at Trial,” was published by the Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education in 2013.
When asked what he attributes his personal and professional success to, Colin points to his desire to help other people. He serves as an Honorary Board Member with the Los Angeles Trial Lawyers’ Charities (LATLC), which is committed to making a positive difference in the greater Los Angeles area. With nearly a decade of experience successfully litigating complex cases and changing the lives of others, Colin’s results speak for themselves.
- State Bar of California
- State Bar of Illinois
- State Bar of Texas
- US District Court for the Southern District of California
- US District Court for the Central District of California
- US District Court for the Eastern District of California
- US District Court for the Northern District of California
- J.D., Loyola University Chicago School of Law
- B.A., University of Southern California, Cum Laude
Awards & Leadership Roles
- Member, American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- 2020 President, The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 under 40
- 2015-2020 Super Lawyers Southern California Rising Stars Honoree
- Martindale-Hubbell®/Lawyers.com AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating, the highest possible rating in both legal ability and ethical standards
- The Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers™, Martindale-Hubbell®
- Avvo 10.0 Superb Rating
- Honorary Board Member, Los Angeles Trial Lawyers’ Charities (LATLC)
- Lifetime Member, Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Graduate, Gerry Spence Trial Lawyers College
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Civil Plaintiff Lawyers
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 under 40
- The Motor Vehicle Trial Lawyers Association—Top 25
- The Trucking Trial Lawyers Association—Top 10
- The National Brain Injury Trial Lawyers Association—Top 25
- The Class Action Trial Lawyers—Top 25
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA)
- American Association for Justice (AAJ)
Colin is a frequent speaker at continuing legal education events, addressing other attorneys in regards to everything from voir dire and trial advocacy to closing arguments. His many speaking engagements include:
- “Catastrophic Injuries and What to Do When Faced with Insufficient Coverage – 2022 TBI Med Legal
- “Medicine for Lawyers” 2022 – Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles Trial Skills Seminar
- “Successful Approaches to Voir Dire.” 2020 Consumer Attorneys of California
- “Putting Your Best Foot Forward—the Persuasive Opening Statement.” 2020 National Trial Lawyers Summit Miami Beach, FL.
- “Bad Faith – Popping the Lid Off Insurance Policies” 2020
- “Dissecting The Michael Orrin Verdict” – 2019 Case Analysis Seminar
- “Unlocking Maximum Settlement Potential for Personal Injury Cases.” 2019 SRS Medical Resources
- “Winning Your Case in Openings.” 2019 Wyoming Trial Lawyers Association 50th Anniversary Celebration. Jackson, WY. 21 June 2019.
- “How to Pick a Winning Jury.” 2018 National Trial Lawyers Summit. Miami Beach, FL.
- “How to Craft Dynamic Closing Arguments.” 2017 National Trial Lawyers Summit. Miami Beach, FL.
- “The Art of Being You” – October 2021 Issue – The Advocate Magazine
- $12,000,000 – Premises Liability
- $6,975,000 – Auto v. Auto
- $4,750,000 – Auto v. Auto
- $4,125,000 – Truck v. Auto
- $3,375,204 – VERDICT
- $3,250,000 – Spinal Injury
- $2,800,000 – Auto v. Auto
- $2,350,000 – VERDICT
- $2,350,000 – VERDICT (Federal Court Birth Injury)
- $2,300,000 – Birth Injury
- $2,000,000 – Bus Accident
- $2,000,000 – Auto Accident
- $1,850,000 – Truck v. Auto
- $1,800,000 – Auto v. Auto
- $1,750,000 – VERDICT
- $1,750,000 – Commercial Vehicle
- $1,715,000 – Pedestrian v. Auto
- $1,700,000 – Medical Malpractice
- $1,750,000 – Medical Malpractice, Failure to Diagnose
- $1,500,000 – Auto v. Auto
- $1,250,000 – Auto v. Auto
- $1,050,086 – VERDICT