Colin M. Jones, Esq.
Senior Trial Attorney at Wilshire Law Firm
Colin Jones is a highly sought-after trial attorney. Over the course of his career, he has recovered more than $50 million, winning exceptional verdicts and settlements on behalf of his clients. Colin is proud to be triple-barred in the states of California, Illinois and Texas.
Colin graduated Cum Laude with a double major in Journalism and Political Science from the University of Southern California. He attended law school and earned his Juris Doctor with Honors from Loyola University Chicago School of Law, where he led his Mock Trial Team to National Finals in New York.
Colin is a distinguished graduate of the Prestigious Gerry Spence Trial Lawyers College, where he spent three and a half weeks in rural Wyoming honing his trial skills. Recognized by his peers as an exceptional trial lawyer, Colin has been selected as a Super Lawyers Rising Star since 2015, by the National Trial Lawyers as a Top 40 Under 40 and top 100 Lawyer, accolades he has received every year, since 2011.
In less than 10 years of practice, Colin has already accumulated a careers worth of notable victories. His winning strategy is to be authentic, discover his client’s story and share that story with the jury. He believes that jurors only need to hear the truth to make the right decision. Some recent results include:
- $2.3 Million – Settlement for a birth injury / Hospital failure to move to C-section
- $2 Million – Settlement for a minor injured in a bus accident
- $2 Million – Settlement in a disputed causation auto accident
- $1.7 Million – Settlement in a medical malpractice case for failure to diagnose
- $1.5 Million – Settlement for a minor with $50,000 in medical bills
- $1.3 Million – Settlement for an auto accident involving a cervical fusion
- $1.1 million – The single largest settlement in Illinois history for a dog attack
Colin values helping his clients navigate the difficult times that follow an accident. In addition to helping accident victims, Colin gives back to his community. He sits as an Honorary Board Member in the Los Angeles Trial Lawyers’ Charity (LATLC). He has the recognition of his colleagues, peers and clients, something he deeply prizes.