John G. Yslas, Esq. is a Senior Partner with more than twenty-five years of experience in the Employment Class Actions and Complex Litigation Group who also handles select single plaintiff cases. Prior to joining the Wilshire Law Firm in 2022, John held significant leadership positions as a Partner for several years with three international law firms ranked in the AmLaw 100: Foley & Lardner, Norton Rose Fulbright, and Seyfarth Shaw.
John is an accomplished and highly skilled litigator with an established history of success in lengthy cases involving multiple parties and millions of dollars. He has a wealth of experience in litigating wage and hour class action cases, having successfully navigated countless cases through the class certification process and beyond. This wealth of experience and expertise allows John to bring a unique perspective and outlook as he seeks justice, protects employee rights, and holds employers accountable, for what he considers to be his true calling and purpose in life.
Personally, John has a deep commitment to civic involvement and diversity. He embodies this commitment while serving as the Southern California Regional President of the Hispanic National Bar Association (HNBA) and on the Mexican American Bar Foundation Board of Directors. Mr. Yslas has also previously served as the National Chair of the Communications Committee with HNBA and on the Board of Directors with the California Minority Counsel Program. John is extremely proud of his Hispanic background, and he employs this in his practice with the affiliations that he belongs to. He has also served as a Commissioner with the Los Angeles Civil Service Commission and the Los Angeles Convention Center Commission, wherein he was appointed by two mayors.
John has been quoted in the media as stating,
“I feel a deep and personal responsibility that gives me great joy to seek justice, to mentor others, to foster community connections, and to do my humble part in hopefully opening doors for others.”
How long have you been practicing law?
John Yslas has more than 25 years of experience in the Employment Class Actions and Complex Litigation Group.
What industry memberships do you belong to?
John serves as the Southern California Regional President with the Hispanic National Bar Association (HNBA) and on the Mexican American Bar Foundation Board of Directors.
What law school did you attend?
John received his J.D. from UCLA Law School.
- J.D., UCLA Law School (1996)
- B.A., with high honors, UCSB (1991)
Awards & Leadership Roles
- Hispanic National Bar Association, current Southern California (Region XVIII) President, and former Chair of the Communications Committee
- Mexican American Bar Foundation, currently serving on the Board of Directors
- California Minority Counsel Program, formerly served on the Board of Directors (including Executive Committee and Chair of HR Committee, formerly served as a commissioner
- Los Angeles Convention Center , formerly served as a commissioner
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, formerly served on the Lawyer Referral Service Committee
- “Seyfarth Partner Shares Paths He and Father Faced as Hispanic Lawyers” – Dec. 15, 2021 – Bloomberg Law