Daniel DeSantis, Esq. is a senior trial attorney in Wilshire Law Firm’s award-winning personal injury department. Through thousands of cases, Daniel has recovered more than $60 million in settlements on behalf of his deserving clients, aggressively fighting against insurance companies, government entities, and their counsel to obtain the absolute best result for his clients.
Additionally, Daniel’s jury verdicts have collectively resulted in over $5 million recovered for his injured clients. Most notably, he obtained a jury verdict on a $0 pre-trial offer that was 4x the defendant’s insurance policy. He has also hit several other jury verdicts where he has multiplied the defendant’s pre-trial offer to settle.
In 2018, the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA) recognized some of his leading jury wins by nominating Daniel for the prestigious Rising Star award. Over 1,200 lawyers qualify for this honor, and Daniel made the top 13 nominees. Daniel’s jury verdict wins continued through 2020 and 2021, and CAALA twice again nominated him for the Rising Star award.
A graduate of CAALA’s Plaintiff Trial Academy, Daniel’s legal success has also been recognized by Super Lawyers with his selection to the Southern California Rising Stars list each year since 2018.
When he is not advocating for his clients, Daniel serves as an active Board Member of the Los Angeles Trial Lawyers’ Charities (LATLC) where he gives back to his local L.A. community.
As for his educational background, Daniel earned his Juris Doctor at the University of San Diego School of Law after earning his bachelor’s degree from the University of Indiana, Bloomington.
- State Bar of California
- US District Court for the Southern District of California
- US District Court for the Central District of California
- US District Court for the Northern District of California
- J.D., University of San Diego School of Law
- B.A., University of Indiana, Bloomington
- 2021 Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA), Rising Star Nominee
- 2020 Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA), Rising Star Nominee
- 2018 Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA), Rising Star Nominee
- 2020 TopVerdict.com, Top 100 Personal Injury Settlements in the United States (Munoz v. Hindelang)
- 2020 TopVerdict.com, Top 20 Personal Injury Jury Verdicts in California (Stewart v. Wake)
- 2020 TopVerdict.com, Top 20 Premises Liability Settlements in the United States (Minor v. Landlord)
- 2020 TopVerdict.com, Top 50 Personal Injury Settlements in California (Minor v. Landlord)
- 2019 TopVerdict.com, Top 100 Motor Vehicle Accident Jury Verdict in California (Cardona v. Vongkavivathanakul)
- 2019 TopVerdict.com, Top 50 Personal Injury Settlements in California (Pro Ami v. Mast)
- 2021 Super Lawyers, Southern California Rising Star
- 2020 Super Lawyers, Southern California Rising Star
- 2019 Super Lawyers, Southern California Rising Star
- 2018 Super Lawyers, Southern California Rising Star
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 Under 40 Recipient
Publications & Speaking Engagements
- Great Trials Podcast: “Episode 075: Daniel DeSantis and Jon Teller │Stewart v. Wake│$1.382 Million Verdict”
- Advocate Magazine: “Plan Of Attack When The Defense Denies Liability On A Clear-Liability Case”
- CAALA Webinar: Locking in Liability For Your Slip, Trip, and Fall Cases, speaker
- CAALA Trial Skills Seminar: Back to Basics – Jury Selection, speaker
- CAALA Las Vegas Convention: Medicine for Lawyers – The Surgical Spine, speaker
- Ontario Trial Lawyers Association: Premises Liability Case Strategy Discussion, speaker
- $1,700,000 – Jury Verdict (Estate of Ling v. Georgiou, et al., Case No. NCU14-0001) / $1,000,000 – Mid-trial settlement with one co-defendant
- $1,382,000 – Jury Verdict (Stewart v. Wake, Case No. BC707130) – 5.5x pre-trial offer of $250,000
- $823,045 – Jury Verdict (Garcia, et al. v. Hernandez, et al., Case No. BC594703) – 2.5x pre-trial offer of $350,000
- $740,060 – Jury Verdict (Arellano v. Lam, et al., Case No. 18STCV07212) – $1,000,000 policy limits tendered post-verdict, $600,000 pre-trial offer
- $618,998 – Jury Verdict (Guseinov v. Jaramillo, et al., Case No. GC049017)
- $427,459 – Jury Verdict (Cardona v. Vongkavivathanakul, Case No. BC724343)
- $400,000 – Jury Verdict (Bagwell v. Miller, Case No. BC613634) – 4x greater than the $100,000 liability policy, $0 pre-trial offer
- $380,000 – Jury Verdict (King v. Gordon, Case No. RIC1901908) – 3.5x the pre-trial offer
- $61,000 – Jury Verdict (King v. Tsung, Case No. BC586944) – 8x the pre-trial offer of $7,500